About This Chapter
Praxis Marketing Education - Marketing Channels: Chapter Summary
Aspiring secondary school marketing teachers who are preparing for the Praxis Marketing Education test can utilize this chapter on marketing channels as one of their primary study tools. This series of video lessons covers functions of the marketplace and channel intermediaries, in addition to the following topics:
- Horizontal and vertical conflict
- Channel distribution strategies
- Supply chain management
- Inventory strategies
- Inventory mathematics
Praxis Marketing Education - Marketing Channels Objectives
The Praxis Marketing Education test is used as part of the certification process for public high school marketing teachers in most U.S. states. This test is offered four times a year, and test-takers have two hours to complete 120 multiple-choice questions. Approximately 10% of the test - or about 12 questions - centers on channel management. These questions might cover channel structure and relationship, strategies for physical distribution and logistics, including purchasing and inventory mathematics.
These video lessons on marketing channels are taught by experienced professional educators. To prepare you for the kinds of questions you'll encounter on the Praxis Marketing Education test, each lesson is accompanied by a self-assessment quiz. You can take these quizzes as many times as you'd like to make sure you've absorbed the information in the video lessons.
1. Marketing Channel: Definition and Function in the Marketplace
In this lesson, we'll learn about the marketing channel, which allows producers to deliver their product to consumers in the correct quantity, type and location. Without help from additional channel members, most companies would not be able to increase their target market reach and satisfy their customer needs.
2. Channel Intermediaries: Definition and Function in Business
Marketing managers must have an effective physical distribution strategy, and companies must be able to deliver their products to the consumer. Most managers utilize channel intermediaries to help with transactional, logistical and facilitating functions. Learn more about this process here.
3. Channel Conflict: Horizontal & Vertical Conflict
A marketing logistics plan can have channel conflict. This occurs when channel members do not agree with pricing, distribution or even logistical operations. The channel member's ultimate goal is to create a comprehensive channel partnership to eliminate any conflict and drive product efficiently to consumers.
4. Supply Chain Management: Technology, Measurement, Relationship & Material Integration
Marketing managers realize how distribution can be costly if there is not an efficient plan in place. Supply chain management is a strategy that allows seamless integration of all pieces of the distribution chain.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Marketing Education (5561): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Marketing: Professional Development
- Praxis Marketing: Economics
- Praxis Marketing: Finance
- Praxis Marketing: Types of Business Ownership
- Praxis Marketing: Business Law
- Praxis Marketing: Workers' Rights & Collective Bargaining
- Praxis Marketing: Business Communication
- Praxis Marketing: Management
- Praxis Marketing: Information Management
- Praxis Marketing: Research and Segmentation
- Praxis Marketing: Strategic Planning
- Praxis Marketing: Pricing
- Praxis Marketing: Product Management
- Praxis Marketing: Promotion
- Praxis Marketing: Selling
- Praxis Marketing Education Flashcards