About This Chapter
Praxis Marketing Education - Research and Segmentation: Chapter Summary
If you're an aspiring high school marketing teacher who has yet to take the Praxis Marketing Education test, you might use this chapter on market research and segmentation to help you prepare. The video lessons in this chapter will teach you about the purpose and role of market research and show you how to establish a market research project. Other market research and segmentation topics covered in this chapter include the following:
- Data collection methods
- Data interpretation
- The importance of market segments to marketers
- Geographic, demographic and psychographic market segmentation
- Segmenting business markets step-by-step
Praxis Marketing Education - Research and Segmentation Objectives
If you hope to work as a high school marketing teacher at a public high school in the United States, it's likely that you'll have to pass the Praxis Marketing Education test as part of the certification process. This test features 120 multiple-choice questions, and questions on marketing-information management and planning, including market research and segmentation, comprise approximately 17 questions - or 14% of the test.
Led by experienced professional educators, these online video lessons on market research and segmentation are a good study tool for the Praxis Marketing Education test. Each lesson includes a self-assessment quiz to help you measure your knowledge in this area. These questions are modeled after questions from the actual Praxis.
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
3. Market Segmentation: Why Market Segments Are Important to Marketers
Marketing managers must understand the importance of segmenting a market and the specific criteria for successful segmentation. Before the 1960's, most companies tried to market products to the masses with declining success. It is important to identify key target markets!
4. Market Segmentation: Geographic, Demographic, Psychographic & More
Marketers must be effective at creating niche segments to promote and sell their products or services. There are five specific ways that markets can be segmented in order to create a successful sales opportunity.
5. How to Segment Business Markets Step-by-Step
Discover the four segments of business marketing in this lesson. You will also learn the distinguishing characteristics of each segment so you may easily identify each of them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Marketing Education (5561): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Marketing: Professional Development
- Praxis Marketing: Economics
- Praxis Marketing: Finance
- Praxis Marketing: Types of Business Ownership
- Praxis Marketing: Business Law
- Praxis Marketing: Workers' Rights & Collective Bargaining
- Praxis Marketing: Business Communication
- Praxis Marketing: Management
- Praxis Marketing: Information Management
- Praxis Marketing: Strategic Planning
- Praxis Marketing: Marketing Channels
- Praxis Marketing: Pricing
- Praxis Marketing: Product Management
- Praxis Marketing: Promotion
- Praxis Marketing: Selling
- Praxis Marketing Education Flashcards