About This Chapter
Praxis Physics: Kinematics - Chapter Summary
This chapter will explain kinematics to help you study for the Praxis Physics exam. Aspects of kinematics that will be detailed in these lessons include:
- Velocity, displacement, and acceleration
- Types of motion, including linear and circular
- Equations for rotational kinematics
- Kinematics and relative velocity
This chapter was developed by an expert in physics, but if you have any questions throughout your studies, you may reach out to our specialists for further assistance. At the end of each lesson, you may take a short self-assessment quiz to determine how well you understand the content you've reviewed.
1. Kinematics: Displacement, Velocity & Acceleration
Discover the differences between displacement, velocity, and acceleration: three of the most important terms in kinematics, which are easy to mix up. Answer questions to test your knowledge.
2. Motion: Linear, Simple Harmonic, Circular & Projectile
While you may be able to define 'motion' as it relates to science, do you know how simple harmonic, circular, linear and projectile motion differ from one another? Continue reading to find out more about these different types of motion, and then see if you can answer the questions on the follow-up quiz.
3. Rotational Kinematics: Definition & Equations
After watching this lesson, you should be able to explain what kinematics is, give a rotational variable that corresponds to each linear kinematic variable, and solve problems using rotational kinematics equations. A short quiz will follow.
4. Understanding Relative Velocity in Kinematics
After completing this lesson, you will be able to explain what relative velocity is in kinematics and calculate relative velocities in basic situations. A short quiz will follow the lesson summary.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Physics (5265): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Physics: Scientific Inquiry & Social Perspective
- Praxis Physics: Scientific Procedures & Techniques
- Praxis Physics: Vectors & Scalars
- Praxis Physics: Motion
- Praxis Physics: Oscillations
- Praxis Physics: Work, Energy & Power
- Praxis Physics: Linear Momentum
- Praxis Physics: Rotational Motion, Collisions & Conservation
- Praxis Physics: Laws of Gravitation
- Praxis Physics: Fluid Mechanics
- Praxis Physics: Electrical Forces & Fields
- Praxis Physics: Potential & Capacitance
- Praxis Physics: Direct Current Circuits
- Praxis Physics: Magnetism
- Praxis Physics: Optics & Waves
- Praxis Physics: Heat, Energy & Thermodynamics
- Praxis Physics: Modern Physics & Atomic Structure
- Praxis Physics: Content Knowledge Flashcards