About This Chapter
Praxis Reading Specialist Flashcards - Summary
This collection of engaging study flashcards goes over topics that you'll find on the Praxis Reading Specialist exam. Designed to enhance your test preparation experience, these study flashcards help you review and memorize concepts pertaining to literacy, reading instruction, reading professional skills and more. As you flip through these flashcard sets, you can expect to study:
- Reading assessment strategies
- Phonemic and phonological awareness
- Professional development for reading specialists
- Vocabulary and word analysis
- Reading comprehension
- Writing development
How They Work
Flashcards enable you to repeat specific reading concepts until you've committed them to memory. As you prepare for the Praxis Reading Specialist exam with these flashcards, follow the process we've outlined below.
- Open a flashcard set for the Praxis Reading Specialist topic you're studying.
- Identify the reading term, technique or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Reading Assessment Techniques
Flashcards - Evidence-Based Reading Instruction
Flashcards - Oral Language Development in Children
Flashcards - Concepts of Print
Flashcards - Phonics & Fluency
Flashcards - Word Analysis & Vocabulary for Developing Readers
Flashcards - Building Reading Comprehension & Literacy
Flashcards - Reading Comprehension of Fiction & Poetry
Flashcards - Reading Comprehension of Nonfiction Texts
Flashcards - Writing Development
Flashcards - Spelling, Grammar & Mechanics
Flashcards - Research & Inquiry Tools for Reading Instruction
Flashcards - Specialized Skills for the Reading Professional
Flashcards - Leadership & Professional Development for Reading Specialists
Flashcards - The Reading Education Community
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Reading Specialist (5301): Practice & Study Guide course
- Reading Assessment Techniques
- Evidence-Based Reading Instruction
- Oral Language Development in Children
- Teaching Phonemic & Phonological Awareness
- Concepts of Print
- Phonics & Fluency
- Word Analysis & Vocabulary for Developing Readers
- Building Reading Comprehension & Literacy
- Reading Comprehension of Fiction & Poetry
- Reading Comprehension of Nonfiction Texts
- Writing Development
- Spelling, Grammar & Mechanics
- Research & Inquiry Tools for Reading Instruction
- Specialized Skills for the Reading Professional
- Leadership & Professional Development for Reading Specialists
- The Reading Education Community