About This Chapter
Praxis Teaching Reading Flashcards - Summary
It's fun and effective to flip through these flashcards to check your knowledge of reading concepts and teaching strategies you'll need to know for the Praxis Teaching Reading exam. Learn details about teaching vocabulary, language skills and reading comprehension. These flashcard sets also cover details about:
- Phonics and phonological awareness
- Strategies for teaching and improving language fluency
- Instructional strategies, planning, literacy development technology and motivational techniques for reading classrooms
- Forms of assessment and intervention programs for reading
- Stages of language development, linguistics, and print awareness
How They Work
Easy, 24/7 availability of these flashcards makes it convenient to go over them as many times as needed to help you be prepared to take the Praxis Teaching Reading exam. To use these study aids, simply follow these steps:
- Open a flashcard set for the Praxis Teaching Reading topic you're studying.
- Identify the reading instruction image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Language Development & Skills
Flashcards - Understanding Phonological Development & Awareness
Flashcards - Overview of Phonics
Flashcards - Reading Comprehension Techniques
Flashcards - Teaching & Improving Language Fluency
Flashcards - Teaching & Building Vocabulary
Flashcards - Methods for Teaching Reading
Flashcards - Student Assessment Methods
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Teaching Reading Test (5204): Practice & Study Guide course
- Language Development & Skills
- Printed Forms of Information
- Understanding Phonological Development & Awareness
- Overview of Phonics
- Fundamentals for Reading Comprehension Instruction
- Reading Comprehension Techniques
- Teaching & Improving Language Fluency
- Teaching & Building Vocabulary
- Methods for Teaching Reading
- Student Assessment Methods