About This Chapter
Prehistoric Art & Architecture - Chapter Summary
Work at your own pace as you review the lessons on prehistoric art and architecture presented in this chapter. Examine the history of prehistoric art, the evolution of the knowledge of art, and the materials and techniques used in prehistoric architecture. Once you finish these lessons, you should be ready to:
- Provide a history of architectural techniques and materials
- Explain prehistoric art and its history
- Outline the prehistorical development of artistic values, approaches and media
- Discuss the evolution of art knowledge
It's easy to understand and access this online chapter of self-paced lessons. To test your knowledge, answer the questions on the lesson quizzes and comprehensive chapter test. You may review any of the topics on prehistoric art and architecture at your convenience.
1. History of Architectural Materials & Techniques
Architecture has a history spanning thousands of years. In some ways, it's changed a lot in that time. In other ways, it really hasn't. In this lesson, we'll look at the history of the materials and techniques that built our world.
2. Prehistoric Art: History & Explanation
Prehistoric art is often depicted as crude, as are the artists. Modern day research is dispelling that fact. In this lesson, learn the facts about prehistoric art and the peoples who created it.
3. Prehistorical Development of Artistic Media, Approaches & Values
Art is a really important part of human culture and history. In this lesson, we'll talk about the development of ancient art and what it may have meant to ancient people.
4. The Evolution of the Knowledge of Art
Man-made objects from prehistory inform experts about the way people once lived and thought. Learn what prehistoric objects can teach us about ancient culture and the evolution of knowledge of art.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Art - Content Knowledge (5134): Practice & Study Guide course
- Artistic Principles & Approaches
- Making Art Safely
- Drawing, Painting & Printmaking Processes
- Digital Photography Processes
- Videography, Filmmaking & Art Installations
- Sculptural Materials & Processes
- Fundamentals of Fiber Art
- Presenting & Displaying Artwork
- Ancient Egyptian Art & Architecture
- Art & Architecture of Ancient Near East
- Art & Architecture of the Ancient Greeks
- Art & Architecture of the Ancient Romans
- Art & Architecture of the Early Christians
- Art & Architecture of the Byzantines
- History of Early Medieval European Art
- Art & Architecture of the Renaissance
- Art & Architecture of the Baroque Period
- Rococo & Neoclassical Art & Architecture in the 18th Century
- Romantic, Impressionist & Post-Impressionist Art & Architecture in the 19th Century
- 20th Century & Contemporary Art
- Art & Architecture of Asia
- Art of the Pacific
- Art & Architecture of Africa
- Art & Architecture of the Americas
- Responding to Art
- Praxis Art: Content Knowledge Flashcards