About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Linear Systems chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the linear systems topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Systems of equations
- Graphs for systems of equations
- Solutions for systems of linear equations in two variables
- Systems of inequalities
- Linear programming
- Graphs in three dimensions
- Solutions for linear systems in three variables with no or infinite solutions
Prentice Hall Algebra 2 is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
2. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
3. How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of linear equations in two variables by using the substitution method. Learn how easy it is to use on any linear system in two variables.
4. Solving Problems Involving Systems of Equations
Did you ever encounter a problem where you seem to have lots of information, but still have a couple of critical numbers missing? In this lesson, we'll practice solving word problems that require us to set up systems of equations.
5. Linear Inequality: Solving, Graphing & Problems
If you can solve linear equations, you can solve linear inequalities. In this lesson, you will learn how similar the solving processes are. You will also learn the notations you need to use when graphing linear inequalities.
6. How to Solve Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
Systems of linear equations are important in many branches of math and science, so knowing how to solve them is important. In this lesson, learn one way to find the solution of a system of linear equations by graphing.
7. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With a Solution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve a linear system in three variables using the elimination method. Learn the simple operations that are needed to solve your system.
8. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With No or Infinite Solutions
In this video lesson, you will learn to recognize when a linear system has no solution or an infinite number of solutions. You will also learn how to go about solving each of these types of systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Prentice Hall Algebra 2: Online Textbook Help course
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 1: Tools of Algebra
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 2: Functions, Equations, and Graphs
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 4: Matrices
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 5: Quadratic Equations and Functions
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 6: Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 7: Radical Functions and Rational Exponents
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 8: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 9: Rational Functions
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 10: Quadratic Relations and Conic Sections
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 11: Sequences and Series
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 12: Probability and Statistics
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 13: Periodic Functions and Trigonometry
- Prentice Hall Algebra 2 Chapter 14: Trigonometric Identities and Equations