About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Prentice Hall Geometry Quadrilaterals chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the quadrilateral topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Properties of shapes
- Definition and properties of a rhombus
- Definition, properties and construction of rectangles
- Definition and properties of squares
- Definition, properties and proof theorems of parallelograms
- Proving theorems about parallelograms
- Why a quadrilateral is a parallelogram
- Identifying special types of quadrilaterals
- Proving special quadrilaterals
- Using properties of special parallelograms
- Definition and properties of kites in geometry
- Definition and properties of trapezoids
- Plotting points and graphing lines in the Cartesian coordinate system
- Naming coordinates
- Using coordinate geometry with parallelograms
Prentice Hall Geometry is a registered trademark of Prentice Hall, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Properties of Shapes: Quadrilaterals, Parallelograms, Trapezoids, Polygons
Four-sided objects are more than just squares and rectangles. In this lesson, we'll discuss quadrilaterals, parallelograms and trapezoids. We'll also discuss polygons, objects that can have more sides than you can count.
2. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
3. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
4. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
5. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
6. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
7. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Prentice Hall Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 1: Tools of Geometry
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proof
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 3: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 4: Congruent Triangles
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 5: Relationships Within Triangles
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 7: Similarity
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 8: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 9: Transformations
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 10: Area
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 11: Surface Area and Volume
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 12: Circles