About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Prentice Hall Geometry Transformations chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the transformation topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- How to shift graphs on a plane
- Identifying isometries
- Naming transformations
- Definition of translation in geometry
- Translations in a coordinate plane
- Definition of reflection in geometry
- Reflections in a coordinate plane
- Finding a minimum distance using reflection
- Definition of rotation in geometry
- Rotations and reflections of quadrilaterals and regular polygons
- Rotations in a coordinate plane
- Types of symmetry in figures
- Rotations and rotational symmetry
- Finding lines of symmetry using reflection
- Properties of dilations
- Identifying dilations and finding scale factors
- Dilation in a coordinate plane
- Glide reflections
- Representing transformations as compositions
- Finding the image of a composition and comparing orders of compositions
- Identifying transformations in tessellations
- Identifying symmetries in tessellations
Prentice Hall Geometry is a registered trademark of Prentice Hall, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Prentice Hall Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 1: Tools of Geometry
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proof
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 3: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 4: Congruent Triangles
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 5: Relationships Within Triangles
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 6: Quadrilaterals
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 7: Similarity
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 8: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 10: Area
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 11: Surface Area and Volume
- Prentice Hall Geometry Chapter 12: Circles