About This Chapter
Preschool Teacher Resources - Chapter Summary
Looking for fun circle time activities you can share with your preschool students? Great suggestions for dramatic play time? Fun playground games your entire class will enjoy? These lesson plans provide various ideas you could implement in your preschool class to maximize their school time and expand their learning experience. You'll even find creative ways to help your students move from one topic to another and ways to make preschool graduation fun and memorable.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives - Outlines key learning objectives that help preschool students reach appropriate educational and developmental goals.
- Activities and games: Outlines a number of activities to ensure full class participation.
- Student engagement: Keep students engaged with creative and interactive activities.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers relevant tools to make planning preschool activities easy.
- Find plans for specific activities you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your preschool class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the chapter.
- Engage your students with relevant preschool activities, discussion questions or other materials.
1. Dramatic Play Activities for Preschool
Play can be one of the most wonderful ways for children to learn about themselves, each other, language, and the world around them. This lesson gives you ideas for how to set up dramatic play for preschool students.
2. Preschool Circle Time Activities
Circle time is an important way to teach children how to behave in school and also build community. The activities in this lesson will help you make the most of circle time with your preschool students.
3. Preschool Transition Ideas
It can be challenging for preschool-aged students to transition from one activity to the next! This lesson gives you some great activities to help young children with this difficult task.
4. Playground Activities for Preschoolers
The playground is a great place for preschool children to learn through play while developing gross motor skills. These activities are designed to do both and can be modified to fit the specific needs of your students.
5. Show & Tell Ideas for Preschool & Kindergarten
Show and tell can be a great time for young children to practice important skills and get to know one another. This lesson gives you some ideas for how to make the most of show and tell with preschool and kindergarten students.
6. Preschool Graduation Ideas
Preschool graduation can be a momentous occasion for children as well as parents and teachers! This lesson gives you some ideas for how to make your preschool graduation memorable and help children transition to kindergarten happily.
7. Teaching Self-Awareness to Preschoolers
Preschool students are an energetic group of kids who often lack the self-awareness skills they need to play nice and follow directions. Teachers can help them develop these skills through a variety of fun and engaging activities.
8. Gross Motor Skills Activities for Infants
Gross motor skills influence a person's ability to run, walk, and jump. These skills begin to develop from birth so it's important to get babies off to a strong start right away. Let's look at some activities for building gross motor skills with infants.
9. Cooperative Learning Strategies for Preschoolers
In this lesson, we will look at a variety of learning games and activities that provide an opportunity for both small and large groups of preschool-age children to practice social skills and learn to work together in a Cooperative Learning environment.
10. Fine Motor Skills Activities & Exercises for Kids
Writing, drawing, and completing other simple classroom tasks be especially challenging for a child who has trouble using fine motor skills. Let's look at a few classroom activities that will help to improve fine motor skills.
11. Following Verbal Directions Activities & Games
Do you have trouble getting your students to listen and follow through when you give instructions? This lesson will give you a few ideas to help your students practice following verbal directions.
12. Following Written Directions Activities & Games
Teaching students how to follow directions can seem tedious, but it doesn't have to be! This lesson provides teachers with classroom games and activities designed to teach students how to follow written directions.
13. Preschool Concentration Games
Helping children learn to concentrate can be a rewarding experience. A great way to enhance concentration and focus is by playing games and creating activities for preschool aged children. The five options in this lesson will help kids' concentration grow.
14. Importance & Benefits of Rough & Tumble Play
As a preschool teacher, you are highly likely to witness plenty of roughhousing in your classroom and outdoors. This lesson will help you understand what rough and tumble play is all about and why it is important.
15. Rough & Tumble Play: Definition & Examples
Rough and tumble play is sometimes challenging for preschool teachers to handle even though it is important for children's development. This lesson focuses on helping you understand rough and tumble play.
16. Rough & Tumble Play Games & Activities
Children learn valuable life lessons and social skills through rough and tumble play. The following lesson will detail those benefits and provide ideas for games and activities.
17. Preschool Lesson Plan Themes By Month
It's time to plan your lessons again. Are you feeling stuck for ideas? Looking for a place to begin? Consider these monthly themes to jumpstart your curriculum planning.
18. All About Me Lesson Plan for Preschoolers
This lesson plan addresses the preschool topic of All About Me by examining how authors describe characters and helping preschoolers to describe themselves in a similar fashion. The plan includes a story, writing, artwork, and interactive activities.
19. Transportation Lesson Plan for Preschool
This lesson plan teaches students about transportation by water, land, and sea. It includes a video, a sorting activity, a survey activity, and optional extensions.
20. Fall Lesson Plan for Preschoolers
Explore the season of fall with your preschoolers. Guide them through the changes fall brings and how it affects plants and animals. Further the lesson through science exploration with art, math and literacy.
21. Preschool Music Lesson Plan
This lesson plan teaches preschoolers about two components of melody: rhythm and pitch. The lesson plan includes listening, singing, and using instruments as well as experimenting with pitch.
22. Chrysanthemum Activities for Kids
Chrysanthemum is a sweet little mouse with an unusual name. This book with the same name, written by Kevin Henkes, is geared toward lower elementary learners and contains a valuable lesson about being proud of who you are.
23. Prewriting Activities for Preschoolers
How are you teaching your preschoolers prewriting skills? These activities address both fictional and informational writing and can be adapted to suit a variety of thematic units that may be in use in your preschool classroom.
24. All About Me Preschool Activities
An 'All About Me' unit is a great way to start your school year with a new group of preschoolers. These activities address feelings, preferences, characteristics, and experiences using a variety of activity styles.
25. November Activities for Preschoolers
What is your plan for November? Thanksgiving provides an opportunity for a variety of themed activities. These preschool activities address fine motor, literacy, nutrition, and life skills.
26. Social Studies Activities for Preschoolers
When introduced to social studies concepts at a young age, students begin to make connections to the use of social studies in everyday life. In this asset you will find resources for your preschool aged students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Teachers course
- Classroom Management Ideas for Teachers
- Behavior Management Resources for Teachers
- Behavioral Interventions for Teachers
- Teacher Career Information Resources
- Teacher Cover Letters
- Letter Samples & Templates for Teachers
- Behavior Charts Ideas & Strategies for Teachers
- Basic Instructional Strategies for Physical Education
- Safety in Elementary Science