About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Pride and Prejudice characters material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the characters from this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters in Pride and Prejudice
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Pride and Prejudice: Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Pride and Prejudice: Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Pride and Prejudice characters for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Comprehensive list and analysis of essential characters
- Examination of crucial characters including Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy, Mr. Wickham and Lady Catherine, among others
- Details on recognizing foil characters in the novel
1. Pride And Prejudice: Cast of Characters
This lesson outlines the important characters in one of Jane Austen's greatest novels. We'll learn the major and minor characters and how they contribute to setting up this love story.
2. Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
Elizabeth Bennet is the protagonist of Jane Austen's most famous novel ''Pride and Prejudice''. In this lesson, discover who Elizabeth Bennet is, how she compares to most young women of the 1800s, and what her legacy is.
3. Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis & Concept
In this lesson, we get to know the somewhat arrogant character Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen's novel ''Pride and Prejudice.'' Although he tries to keep his heart in check, he eventually falls deeply in love with Elizabeth Bennet, a woman who can't stand him - at least at first.
4. Mr. Bingley in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis & Concept
Let's examine Mr. Bingley's role in Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice,' a much-beloved novel. We'll learn about his main character attributes and why he is important to the novel.
5. Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
In this lesson, we'll get to know Jane Bennet, the oldest Bennet sister in 'Pride and Prejudice.' We'll explore and analyze Jane's character and look at some quotes that can help you get a sense of what's she's like.
6. Mr. Wickham in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
This lesson discusses the character Mr. Wickham from Jane Austen's classic novel 'Pride and Prejudice.' Both his charms and his faults come to light as the Bennet family learns more about him.
7. Lydia Bennet in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
In this lesson, we'll briefly analyze Lydia Bennet's role in the novel, 'Pride and Prejudice'. In particular, we will focus on her character traits and her importance to the plot of Jane Austen's novel.
8. Charlotte Lucas in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
This lesson explores the character of Charlotte Lucas, Lizzy Bennet's best friend in Jane Austen's ''Pride and Prejudice''. Charlotte is intelligent, sensible...and above all, pragmatic. Her pragmatic nature influences both her philosophy and her choices in life.
9. Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis
In this lesson, we'll examine the character of Mr. Collins from 'Pride and Prejudice,' particularly his relationship with the Bennet family and Lady Catherine.
10. Lady Catherine in Pride and Prejudice: Character Analysis & Concept
During this lesson, we'll learn about Lady Catherine from Jane Austen's novel, Pride and Prejudice. After a brief summary to establish context, we'll analyze Lady Catherine's role in the work and how that role influences the novel's main themes.
11. Recognizing Foil Characters in Pride and Prejudice
In this lesson, we will learn about foil characters and how to recognize them in ''Pride and Prejudice.'' In particular, we will discuss Mr. Wickham vs. Mr. Darcy as well as the relationship between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy vs. the relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley.
Pride & Prejudice Character List & Flashcards
Have you been reading Jane Austen's ''Pride and Prejudice''? This set can help you review the main characters as well as a few helpful terms and facts about the novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.