About This Chapter
Privacy in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
The lessons included in this chapter address the subject of privacy in the workplace. Here, we take a look at the privacy and safety rights that the employee and company both need to be aware of. Other topics covered in these lessons include:
- The rights of the employee
- Technology's impact on privacy
- Constitutional guarantees of the employee's right to privacy
Lessons are short and engaging, with a self-assessment quiz included with each. You can log in from any remote location using your mobile device, either to take a few minutes to complete your next lesson or to check on your chapter progress on your dashboard.
1. Employee Rights: Privacy & Safety
The modern workplace can be an intrusive and sometimes even a dangerous and violent place. In this lesson, you'll learn about employee privacy and safety. Topics will include employee surveillance, social media and workplace safety and violence.
2. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
3. Employee Rights to Privacy in the Constitution
Technology has made it easy for our privacy to be invaded. This means that the first, fourth, fifth, and fourteenth amendments are more important than ever to ensure employee privacy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Workplace Leadership
- Employee Motivation in the Workplace
- Managing Change in the Workplace
- Workplace Conflict
- Organizational Politics at Work
- Managing Workplace Misbehavior
- Types of Workplace Misbehavior
- Time & Stress Management at Work
- Organizational Control in Business
- Controlling Operations Costs in Business
- Quality Management in Business
- Inventory Control in Business
- Business Accounting Fundamentals
- Financial Statements for Business
- Financial Analysis for Business
- Financial Management for Business
- CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards