About This Chapter
Proactive Employees & Team Problem Solving - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors provide engaging lessons on team problem-solving and proactive employees. The corporate training subjects covered here include the characteristics of proactive employees and a common sense approach to team problem-solving. Assign these lessons to your teams to review at work or on their own time, or use this chapter as the basis for a training workshop. With each lesson, we've included a short quiz you can administer to your team to make sure they've understood what they've learned from the lesson.
How It Helps
- Promotes efficiency: Knowing how to promote the skill of proactivity in your employees ensures that they, and the teams they are a part of, are running efficiently and ahead of the game.
- Builds confidence: After your employees use this chapter, applying knowledge of the different approaches for successfully solving problems will increase their confidence on the job.
- Encourages cohesiveness: Strong teams who work well together lead to fulfilled, happy and efficient employees ready to address concerns and problems as they arise.
Use this chapter to ensure your employees can do the following:
- Outline the characteristics of proactive employees
- Detail a common sense approach to problem-solving as a team
- Understand problem-solving blueprints for work teams
1. Proactive Employees: Characteristics & Skill Development
In this lesson, we'll define the concept of proactivity and learn about some of the characteristics of proactive employees. Then, you'll learn about some of the ways by which proactive employees can be developed.
2. The Common Sense Approach to Team Problem Solving
A successful team works together to achieve a common goal. During this process, teams need to resolve problems together. This lesson will address the common sense approach to team problem solving.
3. Developing & Using Problem Solving Blueprints for Work Teams
Creating a problem-solving blueprint for teams prepares you to act as the need arises. This lesson looks at problem-solving skills, tools, obstacles, and blueprints for teams.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Adaptable Teams & Employees course