About This Chapter
Problem Solving with Logic & Reasoning - Chapter Summary
This informative chapter introduces the strategies necessary to solve classification problems and series completion problems, with examples provided for both so you can apply your knowledge. You will learn how to use logic and reasoning rules when playing common puzzles and games and how to create strategies to win logic games such as chess. After you complete this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain how to solve rule detection problems
- Complete a chart or table in an example chart logic problem
- Define pattern perception
It's easy to prepare for an exam or placement test with our flexible study materials. You can access these mobile-friendly tools at any time. Work through the lessons and quizzes at your own pace, and go back over any lessons that need further review as many times as you need to. Feel free to contact one of our instructors if you have any questions as you work through the lessons.
1. Series Completion Problems: Definition & Strategies
Read this lesson to learn how you can solve series completion problems. Learn how to spot a pattern which you can continue as well as how to find if something is wrong with a given series.
2. Using Logic & Strategy to Solve Puzzles
In this lesson, you'll learn what strategies you can use to help you solve logic puzzles and Sudoku puzzles. Learn how you can find your answers as well as eliminate the wrong answers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alberta Education Diploma - Mathematics 30-2: Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- Number Systems & Factoring
- Set Theory & Venn Diagrams
- Probability & Uncertainty
- Permutations & Combinations in Probability
- Introduction to Relations & Functions
- Rational Expressions & Quadratic Equations
- Logarithmic & Exponential Operations
- Solving Problems with Polynomial Functions
- Sinusoidal Functions
- Alberta Education Diploma - Mathematics 30-2 Flashcards