About This Chapter
Process for Delivery of Audit Services - Chapter Summary
Comprehending the process used for the delivery of audit services is an important government auditing topic. When you use the resources in this chapter, you will become much more confident on the following topics:
- Examples of project management
- Elements of a project
- Laws and regulations of planning
- Perspective of auditors in the public sector
- How to monitor the results of an audit
- Three types of formal reports
Depending on your learning style and preferences, you can watch video lessons or read the lesson transcripts. Both of them contain the same information, just in a different format. This option allows you the flexibility and convenience to study in a way that benefits you the most. Take a quiz at the end of each lesson to assess your knowledge of the material covered.
1. What is Project Management? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the definition of project management. An example of project management will be used to give a general understanding of the topic.
2. Project Management: Elements of a Project
In this lesson, learn what defines a project and what the elements of a project are. This will serve as a high-level overview and introduction to the world of project management.
3. Risk & Control Assessment Practices for Auditors
Auditors are responsible for assessing risk and identifying internal controls that help organizations mitigate risk. In this lesson, we'll learn what practices and standards they use to assess risk and internal controls, both financial and operational.
4. Performing Audits & Communicating Results: Steps & Delivery
Financial and performance audits conducted by government auditors should follow Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). In this lesson, we'll discuss what those standards are related to audit steps and reporting audit results.
5. Formal Reports as Problem-Solving Documents: Criteria & Standards
How do organizations solve problems and evaluate solutions? In this lesson, we'll examine the role of formal reports in organizational problem-solving, including the three major types of formal reports and the criteria for a great formal report.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional course
- Auditing Standards & Governance
- Risk/Control Frameworks in Auditing
- Government Auditing Practices: The Audit Function
- Types of Government Audit Services
- Government Auditing Skills & Techniques
- Evaluating Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- Government Auditing: Financial Management
- Implications of Audit Service Delivery Methods
- Implications of Delivering Audit Services to Citizens
- Unique Characteristics of Human Resources Management
- Unique Purchasing & Procurement Requirements
- CGAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Government Auditing Professional Flashcards