About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your product development and retailing homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your product development and retailing homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Business and consumer products
- Business growth and product development
- Branding and brand equity
- Product development and marketing
- New product lines and types
- Marketing mixes
- Product adoption and adopters
- Product life cycles
- Retail roles and segments
- Retail marketing mixes
1. What is a Business Product: Definition for Marketers
In this lesson, you'll find out the difference between a consumer product and a business product. You will also learn about the different business categories and seven types of business products.
2. Consumer Products: Convenience, Shopping, Specialty & Unsought Products
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between business and consumer products. We will also discuss the different ways they can be classified, which include the areas of convenience, shopping, specialty and unsought.
3. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
4. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
5. How to Develop and Market New Consumer Products
In this lesson, you will learn the six stages of the new product development process that companies use when they develop new consumer products. You'll also learn why it is important for companies that develop new consumer products to use this process.
6. Types of New Products: New Product Lines, Product Improvements & More
You will learn about the types of new product categories, such as new product lines or repositioned products, and the new product development process, from idea generation to commercialization.
7. What Is Product Packaging in Marketing? - Definition, Types & Importance
Most products have some form of packaging, even if it's just a price tag. In this lesson, you'll learn about the function of packaging, including how packaging is used in marketing. A short quiz follows the lesson.
8. How to Create a Marketing Mix for Individual Cultures & Countries
In this lesson, you will learn how companies modify their domestic marketing mix to suit the unique needs and norms of foreign cultures and countries. Companies may find it necessary to modify their current product, their current promotional message, or both.
9. How a New Product is Adopted by Consumers
In this lesson, you will learn the five stages consumers go through to determine whether or not to adopt a product that is new to the marketplace. You will also learn why it is important for companies introducing new products to understand the adoption process their customers use.
10. Classes of Adopters: Innovators, Early, Late and Laggards
In this lesson, you will learn how innovative products are adopted by consumers. You will learn the five classes of adopters and the role each plays in this process. You will also learn why it is important for marketers to understand this process in order to successfully introduce innovative products to the marketplace.
11. Product Life Cycles: Development, Design and Beyond
Have you ever considered that products, like humans, have a life cycle? You will learn about product life cycles and how they are designed and developed. See how a product goes from its introduction to being retired.
12. Retailing's Role in Marketing: Definition and Dimensions
When you start a retail store, there are many things to consider, from the type of service you'll offer to the scale of the business. In this lesson, you will learn about retailing's role in marketing and the different forms retail stores can take.
13. Retail Segments, Target Markets and Marketing Strategies
In this lesson, you will learn how to identify four different retail segments and gain an understanding of how producers of goods and services use different types of retailers to reach the different target markets that buy their products.
14. Retail Marketing Mix vs. Traditional Marketing Mix
In this lesson, find out how personnel and presentation round out the traditional four Ps of the marketing mix to create the retail marketing mix. Then, follow along as our farmer implements the six Ps into a new retail store.
15. Product Differentiation in Marketing: Examples, Strategies & Definition
Few, if any, businesses sell a product without any competition. In this lesson, you'll learn how successful companies set their products apart by differentiation. After the lesson, you can assess your understanding with a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help