About This Chapter
Program Evaluation for School Counselors - Chapter Summary
Let us help you renew your knowledge of how to incorporate accountability and self-examination into a school counseling program. This chapter's lessons look at ways to gather and utilize information to determine program goals and see where improvement is needed. Our instructors also discuss the role of technology in a school counseling program. When you've watched all these lessons, you should have a better understanding of school counseling topics such as:
- The purpose of program evaluation
- How to implement program evaluation
- Applying program evaluation results
- Establishing a needs assessment
- Technology and organization of student information
- Technology for program organization
- Pros and cons of technology in counseling
These short lessons are available anytime and anywhere via computer, tablet or smartphone. Each is followed by a short quiz, and you can also test your knowledge with a comprehensive chapter exam. A timeline with clickable links makes it easy to jump back to the lesson to review particular portions, and you can print out a sheet of quiz questions for offline study.
1. The Purpose of School Counseling Program Evaluation
This lesson would benefit those looking for information on the purpose and importance of program evaluation in school counseling, and on using research to ensure accurate assessment.
2. How to Implement Program Evaluation in School Counseling
If you're looking for information on how to develop and implement a plan for evaluating counseling activities and school counseling programs, then this lesson is for you!
3. Using Data to Set School Counseling Goals & Objectives
In this lesson, you will learn how to identify and evaluate appropriate data sources to create and evaluate goals and objectives for school counseling programs.
4. Establishing a School Counseling Needs Assessment
Needs assessments allow school counselors to determine and understand the nature and cause of student needs. This lesson provides information on the advantages of needs assessments and how to develop and implement a needs assessment.
5. Using Technology to Organize & Report Student Information
In this lesson, you will learn about how schools use student information systems to store various types of student data. The way that districts use this data to inform their decisions will also be discussed.
6. Technology for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
In this lesson, we'll explore how blogs, websites, social media and mobile technology help counselors automate their processes and disseminate information.
7. Benefits & Limitations of Technology in School Counseling
This lesson would prove useful to anyone seeking information on the benefits and limitations of various technological applications in school counseling.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NMTA School Counselor (501): Practice & Study Guide course
- Human Development Topics
- Human Development Issues
- Learning Theories & Teaching Strategies
- Curriculum Delivery & Development
- Teaching in Diverse Learning Environments
- Learning Assessments
- Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
- College Counseling Tools
- Career Counseling Tools
- Issues of Diversity & Equality in School Counseling
- Counseling Theories & Models
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Crisis Counseling Methods & Interventions
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Guidance Counselor
- NMTA School Counselor Flashcards