About This Chapter
Project Development - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll learn important terms and concepts related to project development. As you work through these simple and engaging lessons, you'll become familiar with the systems development life cycle, Agile methodology, business process modeling and Scrum. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and the chapter ends with a multiple-choice exam. Revisit these resources whenever you need to refresh your understanding of project development. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Outline the process of software development
- Evaluate the steps, advantages and disadvantages of the Agile methodology
- Define Scrum terminology and explain the Scrum process
- Interpret Agile implementation strategy
- Explain the concept of business process modeling
1. Systems Development Life Cycles: Software Development Process
There are a number of models of software development, each with a somewhat different approach to implementing the various phases of the systems development life cycle. Learn about these models in this video lesson.
2. What is Agile Methodology? - Overview, Definition & Steps
Agile is a mindset or methodology that attempts to apply the values and principles found in the Agile Manifesto. Although initially written for software development, it has successfully been applied across many other industries.
3. Agile Methodology: Benefits & Disadvantages
Agile has been a buzzword in project management for a decade, and with good reason. In this lesson, we'll look at the benefits and disadvantages of agile methodology and how it can be applied to a typical project.
4. What is Scrum? - Definition & Terminology
In this lesson we'll look at the origins of the term scrum, the members and roles of the scrum team, the scrum process, and some benefits for using scrum for project management.
5. Scrum: Process & Examples
Scrum: It sounds like a silly word, but it's an effective, popular software development framework. This lesson explains the scrum process and provides examples.
6. Agile Implementation: Methodology & Strategy
Welcome to agile implementation methodology and strategy, where you will learn the benefits of working within or executing a flexible project plan. This type of project plan leads cohesive teams to producing timely results.
7. What is Business Process Modeling (BPM)? - Definition, Notation & Examples
In this lesson, we'll describe what a business process is and how a business process is analyzed and refined when necessary. We will also view examples of various BPMN analytic tools including flowcharts, data flow diagrams, and Gantt charts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 309: Healthcare Informatics course
- Introduction to Health Care Informatics
- Using Data & Databases in Health Care Informatics
- Electronic Health Records & Evidence-Based Practices
- Best Practices in Information Technology
- Consumer Informatics
- TeleHealth Overview
- Health Care Professionals & Technology Evaluation
- Trends in Health Care Informatics
- Required Assignments for Health 309