About This Chapter
Project Management Definition & Skills - Chapter Summary
These short, engaging lessons discuss the topic of project management definition and skills. Get familiar with project management strategies, and look over examples of project management skills. Other lesson topics covered are:
- Components and characteristics of project management
- Project management benefits
- The meaning of project management skills
- Steps of project management
- The role of PERT analysis and project completion
Since we keep our lessons short, it is easy to complete a lesson or two whenever you have a few minutes by logging in with your mobile device from a remote location. Lessons come with a self-assessment quiz, and you can contact a Study.com expert if you have any questions.
1. What is Project Management? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the definition of project management. An example of project management will be used to give a general understanding of the topic.
2. Project Management: Components & Characteristics
In this lesson we will learn about project management. Specifically, we will explore some of the more common components and characteristics. The lesson will conclude with a summary and a quiz to test your knowledge.
3. The Benefits of Project Management
In this lesson, we'll learn about the benefits of project management. Along the way, we'll define a couple of key terms, and then learn about the many advantages of efficient project management.
4. What Are Project Management Skills? - Definition & Examples
This lesson discusses the project management role in an organization. We will define this role and explore the skill set that many successful project managers possess.
5. Project Management Steps
In this lesson we will learn about project management. There are five major steps with project management, and we will walk through each one. The lesson will conclude with a summary and a quiz.
6. Gantt Chart in Project Management: Definition & Examples
In this lesson we will explore the uses of Gantt charts in project management. We will learn what a Gantt chart is, a little of its history, and see an example of a simple Gantt chart in use.
7. PERT Analysis & Project Completion
Time-based decision methods are used a great deal when a manager or company looks at a time-based project. To ensure the project can be done on time, managers use PERT analysis, a tool for estimating the time it will take to complete a project. This lesson will outline PERT and help you to understand how it is used to predict time based projects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards