About This Chapter
Promotional Activity in Marketing - Chapter Summary
If you would like to improve your skills in promotional activity, or learn about key topics on the use of promotional activity in marketing, you can go through this chapter and watch our interactive video lessons. Each lesson is dedicated to a different topic that you will need to know.
These lessons will help you learn about the key concepts in corporate marketing that relate to promotional activity. You will then learn about different mediums of promotion, their importance and the best ways to use them. Specific topics you will learn about include:
- The definition, development and standards of corporate identity
- Value proposition in marketing
- Examples and overview of public relations plans
- The definition and importance of web presence
- Examples of social media marketing
Our lesson instructors will share their expertise with you in an easy-to-understand online format. The chapter also offers you transcripts of each lesson to study at your leisure. Finally, be sure to test your knowledge of these topics by taking the chapter's practice quizzes.
1. Corporate Identity: Definition, Development & Standards
How do companies create their corporate identity? Some companies or brands are known by a single image or slogan. This lesson will define corporate identity, explain why corporate identity is important and provide steps to develop a corporate identity.
2. The Role of the Value Proposition in Marketing
A central strategy for marketers is value proposition, by which companies try to demonstrate why consumers should purchase their goods. This lesson shows how it works, as well as some real-life examples.
3. Public Relations Plan: Example & Overview
Public relations plan is a strategy used to manage the publics perception of a person or organization. In this lesson, you'll learn what a public relations plan is. After, test your knowledge with a short quiz.
4. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
5. Web Presence: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, we'll find out what it means to have an effective web presence, as well as the different tools we can use to establish ourselves and our businesses online. We'll explore the use of websites, blogs, email, and social media, including the three key pages found on most websites.
6. Social Media Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define social media and explain what it means for marketing and business. Examples from different types of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, will be given.
7. Electronic & Video Marketing Materials: Definition, Steps & Examples
Electronic and video marketing materials can be a great addition to your overall marketing mix. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the steps and processes involved in creating these types of promotional pieces.
8. Trade Show Planning for Marketing
Trade shows provide a face-to-face environment for building relationships and marketing your brand. In this lesson, you'll learn more about trade show planning to benefit your business.
9. Promotional Press Releases: Definition & Process
A press release can be a great and inexpensive tool for letting others know about your business, product, or service. In this lesson, you'll learn more about a promotional press release and what goes into creating a great one.
10. What is a News Release? - Essential Guidelines
News stories sometimes begin as a news release sent to a media outlet to announce something new or noteworthy about a business or organization. In this lesson we will learn about news releases and what to include when writing one.
11. Newsletters & Journal Articles for Promotional Plans
In this lesson you will learn how to draft a promotional newsletter and journal article. The examples will explain how such a promotion can be used for a business, a new product or a service event.
12. Training Staff to Interact With Media
In this lesson you will learn keys to interacting with media over the phone, in person and also over written communication such as email. Additionally, you will learn some tips for selecting a spokesperson (or people) for your company.
13. How to Manage Promotional Expenditures Within a Budget
Promoting a product or service is critical to seeing the sales of that item increase. However, how do you do that when you have a budget? This lesson explains many factors to consider and how to maximize the amount of money you have available for promoting your new item.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards