About This Chapter
Properties & Applications of Triangles in Geometry - Chapter Summary
If you are looking for a resource that can help you better understand the properties and applications of triangles in geometry, look no further! Fun lessons in this chapter closely examine the Pythagorean theorem, similar triangles, angles and more to help you grasp this subject with ease. Review these lessons at your own pace. When finished, you will be able to:
- Define and list properties of triangles
- Explain how the Pythagorean theorem is applied
- Identify similar triangles
- Discuss the applications of similar triangles
- Complete angle and triangle practice problems
Examine any lessons in this chapter that will help improve your comprehension of the properties and applications of triangles in geometry. Each lesson is available 24/7 and can be viewed as a short video or full transcript. If you develop questions about the topics covered, feel free to submit them to our experts via the Dashboard. Mini quizzes and a practice exam can gauge your understanding of this chapter and assess your ability to excel on your test.
1. Triangles: Definition and Properties
What makes a shape a triangle? In this lesson, we'll explore the definition of a triangle, then analyze the parts of triangles, including the vertices, base and height.
2. The Pythagorean Theorem: Practice and Application
The Pythagorean theorem is one of the most famous geometric theorems. Written by the Greek mathematician Pythagoras, this theorem makes it possible to find a missing side length of a right triangle. Learn more about the famous theorem here and test your understanding with a quiz.
3. How to Identify Similar Triangles
Similar triangles have the same characteristics as similar figures but can be identified much more easily. Learn the shortcuts for identifying similar triangles here and test your ability with a quiz.
4. Applications of Similar Triangles
Similar triangles are used to solve problems in everyday situations. Learn how to solve with similar triangles here, and then test your understanding with a quiz.
5. Angles and Triangles: Practice Problems
Want more practice solving with angle pairs? How about more review for solving angles in triangles? Look no further. Get more practice here, and test your ability with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the WEST-B Reading, Writing & Mathematics: Practice & Study Guide course
- Finding the Main Idea of Reading Passages
- Understanding Reading Selections
- Evaluating Written Arguments
- Point of View, Tone & Meaning
- Figurative Language & Expressions
- Audience & Argument in Written Communication
- Organizing an Essay
- Essay Revision Strategies
- Parts of Speech & Writing Conventions
- Grammar & Sentence Structure
- Working with Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- Decimals, Percents & Operations
- Measurement Concepts & Application
- Basic Geometry Overview
- Measuring Closed Figures & 3D Shapes
- Probability, Statistics & Evaluating Data
- Sequences & Algebraic Expressions
- Linear Equation Basics
- Properties of Equality
- Logical Problem Solving in Mathematics
- WEST-B Reading, Writing & Mathematics Flashcards