About This Chapter
Property Management & Tenant Right - Chapter Summary
This chapter was designed to aid in your review of the role of property management and tenant rights and responsibilities. You'll examine what is involved in the typical eviction process, as well as find out how to calculate property management fees. By the end of the chapter, you should also be able to:
- Understand the role of a property manager
- Recognize the obligations and duties of a property manager and property owner
- Explain the rights of a tenant
- Discuss the eviction procedure that landlords use to get tenants to vacate a property
Did you know the lessons in this chapter are mobile friendly? Whether you choose to study at home on your computer or on-the-go with your tablet or phone, you have the flexibility to study in the way that works best for you. The lessons are taught by our experienced instructors, so you can be sure this information is up-to-date and accurate.
1. Property Management: Overview & Role
A professional or a business that deal with the day to day responsibility of real estate is called a property manager. In this lesson, we will explore the role of a property manager in real estate.
2. The Role of Property Management in Real Estate
In this lesson, you'll learn about the role of property management in real estate and the obligations, duties, and liabilities of both the property manager and the owner. You'll also learn how to calculate a property management fee.
3. Tenant Rights & Responsibilities
Tenants enjoy a number of rights and responsibilities when they lease a property. Let's look at some of these common entitlements and obligations to see what tenants can legally expect when working with their landlords.
4. The Typical Eviction Process
Landlords occasionally have to compel a tenant to vacate a building. This lesson will discuss a typical eviction procedure as well the tactic of 'constructive eviction'. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the North Carolina Real Estate Broker License: Study Guide course
- Agency Relationships
- Types of Contracts
- Real Estate Contracts
- Real Property Ownership
- Land Use: Restrictions, Regulations & Government Control
- Finance & Financing in Real Estate
- Government Oversight in Real Estate
- Real Property Measurement & Valuation
- Conveyance of Real Property
- Marketing Regulations in Real Estate
- Real Estate Calculations
- North Carolina Real Estate License Law
- General Real Estate Topics
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker License Flashcards