About This Chapter
Proposal Presentations - Chapter Summary
Each of the text and video lessons that you can find in this chapter teach you about a different aspect of creating proposal presentations for the workplace. All of these lesson are taught by an instructor with specific expertise and experience in this particular area.
Watch these lessons to get comprehensive overviews of the most helpful processes for creating and organizing proposal presentations. You will also learn about the different ways in which you can present your presentation to an audience, and the tools that can help you create it. Some of the specific topics you will learn about in this chapter are:
- How to organize and develop an effective presentation
- Creating audience-centered presentations
- The pros, cons and strategies for using technology in a presentation
- Visual aid options
- Publishing and word processing software
- Presentation and graphics software
Each video contains tags that will allow you to locate and view the most crucial moments from the lessons without having to scroll through from the beginning. If you would like to study a hard copy of each video on your own time, the chapter also offers text transcripts. Finally, once you are comfortable in your knowledge of these topics, you can see what you recall by taking the chapter's practice quizzes.
1. Organizing & Developing an Effective Presentation
Preparing a presentation can seem difficult and overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. In this lesson, we'll introduce the 'A.C.E.' acronym and explain how using it can set you up for a successful experience.
2. Developing an Audience-Centered Presentation
A presenter has to be able to develop an audience-centered presentation to target the wants, needs, motivations and characteristics of the attendees in order for the message to be delivered appropriately.
3. Using Technology to Deliver a Presentation: Pros, Cons & Strategies
In today's wired world, there are many different technology strategies companies can use to deliver a message effectively, from simple slide presentations to live videos. This lesson covers the basics of several popular technologies and addresses the pros and cons of each.
4. Types of Visual Aids for Business Presentations
Visuals aids in business help create memorable key points, evaluate data, and understand complex relationships. There are many different types of visual aids that can be used in business presentations.
5. Desktop Publishing & Word Processing Software: MS Word, InDesign & WordPerfect
Word processing software is used to manipulate text and apply a basic design to your pages. More sophisticated design can be accomplished using desktop publishing software. Learn about the functionality of these two types of application software.
6. Presentation Software & Graphic Suites: Purpose & Examples
To make an impact on your audience, you not only need a strong message, you also need strong visuals. Learn how presentation and illustration software helps you make an impact when showing your work.
7. Tips for Using Effective Handouts in a Presentation
Audience members expect to be educated, informed or persuaded during a presentation. Handouts aid in the recall of the information presented. There are specific tips for using effective handouts.
8. Practicing a Presentation: Importance, Techniques & Feedback
This lesson will cover the importance and techniques of presentations. You will find out why critical feedback is also necessary to make improvements to the speech.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards