About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Proposal Writing Process chapter into a 3-day period of study. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Fundamentals of proposal writing||Purpose, content and structure of proposals|
|Tuesday||Types of proposals||Comparison of internal and external, solicited and unsolicited proposals|
|Wednesday||Persuasive techniques in proposals||Methods of persuasion used in various types of proposals|
1. Purpose, Content & Structure of Proposals
Proposals are an important part of business communications. In this lesson, you'll learn about the purpose, content, and structure of proposal writing in a business setting. A short quiz follows.
2. Comparing Different Types of Proposals
Proposals are important documents for organizations ranging from businesses to universities and other non-profit organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals. A short quiz follows.
3. Persuasive Elements of Proposals
Proposals are persuasive documents, but not all proposals use the same method of persuasion. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals and the various persuasive elements they use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Technical Writing Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Technical Writing Basics Lesson Plans
- Prewriting Lesson Plans
- Writing Technical Documents Lesson Plans
- Technical Editing & Rewriting Lesson Plans
- Parts of a Technical Document Lesson Plans
- Usability Testing & Technical Writing Lesson Plans
- Informal Technical Reports Lesson Plans
- Formal Technical Reports Lesson Plans
- Business Reports and Proposals Lesson Plans
- Technical Correspondence Lesson Plans
- Writing Resumes & Cover Letters Lesson Plans
- Technical Instructions Lesson Plans
- Technical Manual Writing Process Lesson Plans