About This Chapter
Protecting Personal Safety - Chapter Summary
This chapter outlines safe practices relevant to different parts of life as well as ways you can foster awareness of potential threats to safety and how to avoid them. You'll also review what to do when urgent care is needed. Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Residential safety
- Pedestrian and automotive safety
- Water and recreational safety
- Forms and methods of providing emergency help
The practice quizzes attached to every lesson can help you confirm your understanding of the material step-by-step. And once you're through all the lessons, you can get a read on your overall knowledge by means of the practice final exam. If at any point of the material you feel stuck, you can also check out the teacher or help tab in order to ask questions of our professional instructors.
1. Residential Safety: Definition and Precautionary Measures
Residential safety involves safety measures that concern your home. This lesson will explain the many dangers that lurk at home and how you can avoid them.
2. Identifying & Avoiding Threats to Personal Safety
In this lesson, you'll be learning about how to increase your students' personal safety. We'll go over ways to improve safety at school, as well as ways to teach them to be safe at home and on the way to and from school. This lesson will explore ways to teach young students and high school students about personal safety.
3. Pedestrian & Automotive Safety: Definition and Precautionary Measures
The safety of pedestrians and motor vehicle operators are often interlinked. This lesson will teach you about important safety measures you can take as a driver and a pedestrian to protect your life and those of others.
4. Water & Recreational Safety: Definition and Precautionary Measures
We all love to have fun, but that fun may come at a cost unless you are safe about recreation, namely water activities like boating and swimming. This lesson will show you why and what you can do to protect yourself.
5. Providing Emergency Care: Types & Methods
This lesson will teach you the first important steps you may need to take during an emergency situation and some basic but important life-saving techniques you can use during such an emergency.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Early Childhood Education (206): Practice & Study Guide course
- Oral Language Development in Early Childhood
- Promoting Listening & Speaking Skills in Early Childhood
- Emergent Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Phonemic Awareness in Early Childhood Education
- Print Concepts in Early Childhood Education
- Building Spelling Skills in Early Childhood
- Teaching Phonics in Early Childhood
- Word Identification Strategies in Early Childhood Education
- Vocabulary Development in Early Childhood Education
- Reading Comprehension Strategies in Early Childhood Education
- Applying Reading Skills in Early Childhood Education
- Writing Development in Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Writing Process
- Mathematical Concepts in Early Childhood
- Teaching Mathematics to Children
- Scientific Concepts & Processes in Early Childhood Education
- Earth & Space Science: Early Childhood Education
- Life Science in Early Childhood Education
- Physical Science in Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Science in Early Childhood Education
- Science Education Strategies for Early Childhood
- Geography Tools: Overview & Concepts
- Overview of American History
- Illinois History
- Civics & Economics in America
- Studying & Comparing Cultures
- Social Sciences in Early Childhood Education
- Health & Physical Education in Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts in Child Education
- Early Childhood Physical Development
- Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
- Social Development in Early Childhood Education
- Health & Safety Issues in Early Childhood
- Planning for Instruction: Classroom Strategies
- Assessments in Childhood Education
- Individualized Education Plans
- Positive Learning Environments for Young Children
- The Early Childhood Education Professional
- Communication & Collaboration in Early Childhood Education
- ILTS Early Childhood Education Flashcards