About This Chapter
Providing Customer Service - Chapter Summary
By going through this interactive chapter, your employees can look through engaging video lessons. They will learn about the following customer service-related topics:
- Definition of call center
- Types of call centers
- Person-to-person customer service skills
- Social media as it relates to CRM
In order for each employee to see what they learned about this chapter, they can complete video lessons. These corporate training lessons are short and have timelines with links, making them easy to navigate through.
How It Helps
- Emphasizes social media: By using social media, your employees will be able to go above and beyond when providing customer service to customers.
- Improves service: Employees get to see what good customer service looks like, helping them provide better service through call centers.
- Teaches appropriate behavior: This chapter covers face-to-face customer service skills, which helps your employees display appropriate behavior and act accordingly in front of customers.
By going through this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Explain what call centers are used for
- Identify the different types of call centers
- Examine how companies provide good customer service through social media sites
- Determine how face-to-face customer service works
1. Call Centers: Definition & Types
This lesson will discuss the various types of call centers and how a company may use them to provide customer service. What makes a great call center customer service experience? Learn more here.
2. Social Media in Customer Relationship Management
Social media has become one of the biggest ways organizations connect with their customers. This lesson will provide you with advantages and strategies for using social media to enhance customer relationship management (CRM).
3. Face-to-Face Customer Service Skills
Customer service is an important part of building relationships in business. The use of soft skills will shape the customer experience and play a large role in the decision to return for future business. Learn what these skills are and how to implement them!
4. Practical Application: Assessing Face-to-Face Customer Service Skills
Use the self-assessment questions in this practical application to assess face-to-face customer service skills. You will also find some tips on how to improve in this vital skill area.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.