About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other PSAT prep work.
- Identify the math section concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our PSAT Prep Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the math section and prepare for the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the structure of the math section, test-taking strategies, types of questions or any other math section topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their math section unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the PSAT
- Don't have access to their PSAT instructor outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the math section simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live PSAT tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the math section on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explore the structure of the PSAT math section.
- Practice math test-taking strategies.
- Experience multiple choice and grid-in math questions.
1. Understanding the Structure of the PSAT Math Section
In this lesson, you'll get an overview of how the PSAT math section is set up, including the calculator and no calculator sections, and what you need to know about the grid-in, or free-response, problems.
2. PSAT Math Section: Test Taking Strategies
Looking for some tips on strategy for the PSAT Math test? You've come to the right place! Learn how to manage your time wisely and beat the traps that the test throws at you in this lesson.
3. SAT and PSAT Math: Multiple Choice and Grid-In Questions
There's no need to stress about the question types on the SAT or PSAT math section. In this lesson, you'll get an overview of both the multiple-choice and the grid-in questions and learn how to tackle them properly.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PSAT Prep: Tutoring Solution course
- PSAT Prep - About the Test: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Reading - About the Reading Section: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Reading - Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Reading - Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Functions: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Tutoring Solution
- PSAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Tutoring Solution