About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help preparing for the math section of the PSAT exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to graph or solve inequalities.
- Need an efficient way to learn about inequalities.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra PSAT preparation resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Inequalities chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Inequalities chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is the definition of an inequality?
- What role does set notation play in solving an inequality?
- How do systems of inequalities work in mathematics?
- How does an absolute value inequality look on a graph?
- What are the steps for solving an absolute value inequality?
1. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
2. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PSAT Prep: Help and Review course
- PSAT Prep - About the Test: Help and Review
- PSAT Prep: General Info
- PSAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Functions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Help and Review