About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering PSAT preparation material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn higher scores. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to prepare for the PSAT reading section
- Need an efficient way to learn about the PSAT reading section
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers
- Missed class time and need to catch up
- Can't access extra PSAT review resources at school
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the PSAT Reading - About the Reading Section chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the PSAT Reading - About the Reading Section chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any PSAT reading section question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answer to questions including:
- What is the structure of the PSAT reading section?
- How is the PSAT reading test scored?
- What are some strategies for taking the PSAT reading test?
1. The Structure of the PSAT Reading Section
The structure of the PSAT reading section is composed of reading passages and questions based on those passages. Learn about PSAT reading, the composition of the passages, and the types of questions included in the PSAT reading.
2. PSAT Reading Section: Test Taking Strategies
Before taking the PSAT Reading test, it is useful to research some tips for strategies to use to increase the odds of success. Learn more about test-taking strategies in the PSAT reading section and explore question order, the right process for answering questions, and when to skip or guess.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the PSAT Prep: Help and Review course
- PSAT Prep - About the Test: Help and Review
- PSAT Prep: General Info
- PSAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Functions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Help and Review