About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering PSAT preparation material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn higher scores. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to analyze reading passages
- Need an efficient way to learn about reading passages
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers
- Missed class time and need to catch up
- Can't access extra PSAT review resources at school
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the PSAT Reading - Reading Passages chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the PSAT Reading - Reading Passages chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any reading passages question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answer to questions including:
- What should I expect from reading passages?
- What types of reading passage questions might I encounter?
- How can I practice with long and double reading passages?
- What are some strategies for answering multiple-choice questions about literature?
1. How to Answer Multiple Choice Questions About Literature: Test-Taking Strategies
In this lesson, we will examine test taking strategies involved in answering multiple-choice questions about literature. Breaking the process down into manageable parts, we will take a look at the literary text, the question itself, and then the given choices.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PSAT Prep: Help and Review course
- PSAT Prep - About the Test: Help and Review
- PSAT Prep: General Info
- PSAT Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- PSAT Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Rational Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Functions: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- PSAT Math - Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability: Help and Review