About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your psychosocial development in middle adulthood homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your psychosocial development in middle adulthood homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Mid-life crises and major transitions
- Change vs. stability in personality
- Job satisfaction and dissatisfaction
- Family configurations and changes
- Remarriage and divorce
- Gender role changes
- Role of culture in middle adulthood
1. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Framework: Strengths & Weaknesses
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality framework is a theory of personality types that helps managers with job placement, conflict management, team building and career development.
2. Middle Adulthood Transitions: Mid-Life Crisis & Empty Nest Syndrome
Middle age is a time of transitions, when people's lives are changing rapidly. In this lesson, we'll look at two ways that people often react to those changes: mid-life crises and empty nest syndrome.
3. Stability vs. Change in Personality
What makes you who you are? How are you different from other people? And will your personality ever change? Watch this lesson to find out more about the 'Big Five' personality traits and how people change over their lifespan.
4. What is Job Satisfaction: Definition, Causes and Factors
Job satisfaction is more of a journey, not a destination, as it applies to both employees and the employer. As we will see in this lesson, there is no definitive way to measure job satisfaction or to ensure it.
5. Job Dissatisfaction: Causes, Reasons and Employee Responses
There is a level of job satisfaction for each person and each job performed. Problems occur when people are not happy with their jobs. In this lesson, we will look at causes for job dissatisfaction as well as employee responses.
6. Family Configurations and Changes in Middle Adulthood
During middle adulthood, many people find that their family dynamics change. In this lesson, we'll look at some of these changes, like becoming a grandparent and the challenges faced when a person is taking care of both their kids and parents.
7. Divorce and Remarriage in Adulthood
When people fall in love, they often want to get married. But what happens when 'happily ever after' turns out to not last 'ever after?' In this lesson, we'll look at some psychological aspects of divorce and remarriage.
8. Gender Role Changes in Middle Adulthood
Middle adulthood is a time of great change for most people. But men and women experience those changes differently. In this lesson, we'll take a look at the way gender impacts middle age, including the famed mid-life crisis and gender crossover.
9. Job Performance, Career Change, and Unemployment in Middle Adulthood
Making a living can be a major endeavor! Watch this lesson to find out more about work in middle adulthood. We'll cover the topics of career and job changes, age discrimination and unemployment and their effect on middle age.
10. Workplace Satisfaction Issues: Problems & Solutions
Because adults spend so much of their waking life at work, it is a major part of most adults' lives. Watch this lesson to find out more about issues that can occur in the workplace, including the glass ceiling and job burnout.
11. Cultural Differences in Middle Adulthood
Middle adulthood can be a full and challenging time of life, but not everyone experiences middle age the same way. Watch this lesson to find out how culture impacts middle adulthood, including the concepts of generativity and mid-life crisis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Domains of Human Development: Homework Help
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- How Genetics Impact Psychology: Homework Help
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Homework Help
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Childhood Physical & Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Homework Help
- Homework Help Physical and Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Homework Help
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Homework Help
- Middle Adulthood - Physical and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Homework Help
- Late Adulthood Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Death and Dying: Stages and Psychological Impact: Homework Help