About This Chapter
1. What Is a Foodborne Illness? - Definition and Common Types
In this lesson we will discuss illness caused by consuming contaminated foods. This will include defining the little known difference between food poisoning and food infection.
2. Food-Borne Illness: Prevention and Treatment
Food can be contaminated in many ways. In this lesson, you'll learn about food-borne illnesses and how they infect your body. We'll also explore how food-borne illnesses can be prevented and treated.
3. Populations at Higher Risk for Food-Borne Illnesses
In this lesson, you will learn about populations that are at a higher risk of contracting food-borne illnesses. You will gain a clearer understanding of what a food-borne illness is and what can be done to avoid developing food-borne diseases.
4. Regulatory Guidelines of Food Quality
Learn about the different elements of food quality and discover the regulatory bodies that oversee food quality at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as third-party accreditation agencies.
5. Types of Food Contamination
In this lesson, we will learn about the different types of food contamination. We'll go over and learn more about the three main categories: physical, chemical, and biological.
6. Environmental Toxicants: Types, Sources & Effects
In this video lesson, you will identify different types of environmental toxicants. You will also learn about the harmful effects of these toxicants and how they travel from various sources.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS): Test Prep & Study Guide course
- Fundamental Principles of Nutrition
- Life Cycle Stages & Nutrition
- Energy Balance & The Body
- The Chemical Composition of Nutrients
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Fluid, Electrolyte & Acid-Base Balance
- Nutrition-Related Physiology
- Digestion & Nutrient Absorption
- Metabolism of Nutrients
- Carbohydrates in Health & Nutrition
- Protein's Role in Nutrition
- Lipids in Health & Nutrition
- Vitamins in Nutrition
- Minerals in Health & Nutrition
- Symptoms of Mineral Deficiency & Toxicity
- Meeting Nutrient Requirements
- Nutritional Assessment
- Clinical Intervention & Monitoring
- Drug & Nutrient Interactions
- Dietary Therapeutics & Behavior Optimization
- The Risk of Eating Disorders to Nutrition
- Practice Management
- Certified Nutrition Specialist Flashcards