About This Chapter
Punctuation Rules for Kids - Chapter Summary
Help your child understand punctuation rules with these engaging lessons. Semicolons and quotation marks are examples of punctuation covered. Your child can navigate the learning process and complete the lessons in the order of their preference. When the chapter is completed, your child should be able to:
- Understand rules for punctuation, including commas and apostrophes
- Work with colons, semicolons, and periods
- Use question and quotation marks
These lessons are created by subject matter experts who are skilled at presenting concepts in an interesting and easy-to-understand manner. Each lesson includes plenty of examples to ensure kids can easily comprehend the information. A brief multiple-choice quiz is provided for each lesson to test your child's knowledge. There are printable worksheets that can be used for further review.
1. Punctuation Lesson for Kids: Rules & Examples
In this lesson, we'll look at rules for punctuation, including how to use periods, commas, and quotation marks. Now let's look at some examples of how to properly punctuate sentences.
2. Comma Rules: Lesson for Kids
Commas are one of the punctuation marks that make many students shudder in fear. But don't cower, students! If you take the time to learn the rules, they're easy. Be brave, and follow along!
3. Colons, Semicolons & Periods: Lesson for Kids
Colons, semicolons and periods - they are part of our grammar, but how do we know when to use them? Come and learn about grammatical rules about these punctuation marks in this lesson.
4. Question & Quotation Marks: Lesson for Kids
Punctuation marks can tell you a lot of different things. Some of them can tell you what a person says or that a question is being asked. In this lesson, you will learn about such punctuation: question and quotation marks.
5. Apostrophes Lesson for Kids: Rules & Examples
There are certain punctuation marks in the English language that can be used for different things. The apostrophe is a perfect example. In this lesson, you'll learn about the apostrophe and how to use it correctly.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NAPLAN Year 3: Test Prep & Practice course
- Understanding the NAPLAN Tests
- Overview of Grammar for Kids
- Spelling & Capitalization for Kids
- Reading Comprehension for Kids
- The Writing Process for Kids
- Counting, Number Patterns & Estimation for Kids
- Decimals & Fractions for Kids
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division for Kids
- Math Word Problems for Kids
- Understanding Geometry for Kids
- Time, Money & Measurement for Kids
- Reading Basic Graphs, Charts & Figures for Kids
- NAPLAN Year 3 Flashcards