About This Chapter
Quadratic Equations and Formulas - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
There's no reason that quadratic equations should have you shaking in your boots. Our sequential lessons will guide you every step of the way to make sure that you understand the greatest common factor, the multiplication property of zero and the quadratic formula. As you near the end of this chapter, you'll feel more comfortable with the concepts below:
- Why quadratic equations are important in algebra
- Quadratics not in standard form
- Factoring into two binomials to solve quadratic inequalities
|What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples||Discover why quadratic equations are important in real life.|
|Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero||Practice using the GCF and MPZ to solve quadratics.|
|How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation||Learn strategies for putting the quadratic formula into practice.|
|How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form||Examine strategies for working with quadratics not in standard form.|
|Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials||Find out how factoring into two binomials can help solve quadratic inequalities.|
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra 2 and Trig Textbook course
- Identifying Real Numbers
- Complex Numbers
- Absolute Value Review
- Solving Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- Calculating Rational Expressions
- Working with Linear Equations
- Solving & Graphing Inequalities
- Graphing & Working with Trigonometric Functions
- Graph Symmetry
- Graphing with Functions
- Solving Linear Equations
- Calculating & Graphing Polynomials
- Calculating & Simplifying Exponential Expressions
- Square Roots & Radical Expressions
- Factoring & Graphing Quadratic Equations
- Conic Sections: Ellipses, Circles, Hyperbolas & Parabolas
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions
- Arithmetic & Geometric Sequences & Series
- Calculating & Presenting Statistics
- Combinatorics & Probability
- Using Trigonometric Functions
- Trigonometric Graphs
- Trigonometric Applications
- Solving Trigonometric Equations
- Trigonometric Identities
- Circles, Angles & Circular Arcs