About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Quadratic Equations chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Quadratic equations||Definitions and examples of quadratic equations|
|Tuesday||Solving quadratics||Assigning the greatest common factors and using the multiplication property of zero|
|Wednesday||The quadratic formula||Solving equations using the quadratic formula; identifying the discriminant; using the zero product property and order of operations|
|Thursday||Solving quadratics not in standard form||Using the zero product property and distributive property to solve non-standard equations|
|Friday||Solving quadratic inequalities||Binomials, quadratic expressions, factoring and combined quadratic for zero|
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra II Curriculum Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Basic Arithmetic in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Algebraic Expressions & Equations Lesson Plans
- Real Numbers in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Complex & Imaginary Numbers in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Exponents & Exponential Expressions in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Properties of Functions in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Linear Equations in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Systems of Linear Equations in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Working with Inequalities in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Matrices & Determinants in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Absolute Value Review in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Polynomials in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Factoring in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Rational Expressions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Graphing & Functions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Roots & Radical Expressions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions: Lesson Plans
- Conic Sections in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Sequence & Series in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Sets in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Combinatorics in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions
- Statistics in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Trigonometry in Algebra II Lesson Plans