About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding high school geometry material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the different types of quadrilaterals.
- Need an efficient way to learn about quadrilaterals.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Quadrilaterals chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Quadrilaterals chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is a parallelogram?
- How do you measure the area of a parallelogram?
- What is a rhombus?
- What do geometric kites and rhombuses have in common?
- How do you determine the area of a rectangle?
- What are the properties of a square?
- How do trapezoids and isosceles trapezoids compare?
- What are the geometric applications of Heron's formula?
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. Measuring the Area of a Parallelogram: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn the simple formula to find the area of a parallelogram. Learn what measurements you need, how to label your parallelogram, and how to use the formula.
3. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
4. Measuring the Area of a Rhombus: Formula & Examples
Did you know that there are three ways to find the area of a rhombus? Watch this video lesson to learn all three of them. See what information you need for each method as well as the steps required for each.
5. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
6. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
7. Measuring the Area of a Rectangle: Formula & Examples
Look around you, and you see rectangles all over the place. And if you see paint, carpet, or anything that covers a rectangular area, you can be sure that someone has measured the area of the rectangle. Watch this video lesson to learn more.
8. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
9. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
10. Measuring the Area of a Trapezoid
In this video lesson, you will watch and learn how you can find the area of trapezoid. Learn what measurements you need to have on hand as well as the formula that you need to use.
11. Using Heron's Formula in Geometry
Heron's formula has been around for a couple thousand years. Watch this video lesson to see how you can use Heron's formula to find the area of a triangle while only knowing the side lengths.
12. What is a Quadrilateral? - Definition, Properties, Types & Examples
This lesson explains the definition and properties of a quadrilateral. We will look at examples of two categories of quadrilaterals. At the end, you will be able to test your knowledge with a quiz.
13. Irregular Quadrilaterals: Definition & Area
This lesson explores irregular quadrilaterals. Take a look at some common irregular quadrilaterals and their area formulas. We will also examine a more involved example of finding the area of an irregular quadrilateral without an area formula.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Help and Review course
- Foundations of Geometry: Help and Review
- Logic in Mathematics: Help and Review
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Help and Review
- Properties of Triangles: Help and Review
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Help and Review
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Help and Review
- Similar Polygons: Help and Review
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Help and Review
- Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Geometric Solids: Help and Review
- Analytical Geometry: Help and Review
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Help and Review