About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school geometry work.
- Identify the quadrilaterals concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school geometry tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about quadrilaterals and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to measure the area of a parallelogram, how to use Heron's formula or any other quadrilaterals topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost-effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their quadrilaterals unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about quadrilaterals simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about quadrilaterals on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify, label and measure the area of parallelograms.
- Explore the sides and angles of a rhombus, and determine its area.
- Learn about the side and angle properties of kites in geometry.
- Find out what makes rectangles unique, and learn to measure their area.
- Determine the area and perimeter of squares.
- Explore the relationship between trapezoids and triangles.
- Measure the area of a trapezoid.
- Use Heron's formula to find the area of a triangle.
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. Measuring the Area of a Parallelogram: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn the simple formula to find the area of a parallelogram. Learn what measurements you need, how to label your parallelogram, and how to use the formula.
3. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
4. Measuring the Area of a Rhombus: Formula & Examples
Did you know that there are three ways to find the area of a rhombus? Watch this video lesson to learn all three of them. See what information you need for each method as well as the steps required for each.
5. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
6. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
7. Measuring the Area of a Rectangle: Formula & Examples
Look around you, and you see rectangles all over the place. And if you see paint, carpet, or anything that covers a rectangular area, you can be sure that someone has measured the area of the rectangle. Watch this video lesson to learn more.
8. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
9. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
10. Measuring the Area of a Trapezoid
In this video lesson, you will watch and learn how you can find the area of trapezoid. Learn what measurements you need to have on hand as well as the formula that you need to use.
11. Using Heron's Formula in Geometry
Heron's formula has been around for a couple thousand years. Watch this video lesson to see how you can use Heron's formula to find the area of a triangle while only knowing the side lengths.
12. How to Find the Height of a Parallelogram
In this lesson, we'll derive a formula that allows us to find the height of a parallelogram given its base and area. We'll then apply this formula to two examples that show up in the real world.
13. How to Find the Altitude of a Trapezoid
In this video, you'll find step-by-step instructions for finding the altitude of a trapezoid. You'll also learn how to use these same steps to find the length of a leg of a trapezoid given the altitude.
14. How to Find Perimeter from Area
Here, you'll learn the steps to find the perimeter of a square, circle or rectangle from the area of the given shape. You'll also read about the units of measurement used for area, and get tips for solving problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- Properties of Triangles: Tutoring Solution
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Tutoring Solution
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Symmetry, Similarity and Congruence
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution
- Analytical Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution