About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering The Scarlet Letter quotations material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn important quotes from this story. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing quotations from The Scarlet Letter
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Quotations from The Scarlet Letter chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Quotations from The Scarlet Letter chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about important quotations from The Scarlet Letter for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Analysis of important quotes from the novel
- Notable quotes from key characters including Dimmesdale, Hester Prynne, Chillingsworth and Pearl
- Examples and interpretations of quotes involving the themes of sin and revenge
1. Important Quotes from The Scarlet Letter: Examples & Analysis
Nathaniel Hawthorne's ''The Scarlet Letter'' tells the story of scandal in a 1700s Puritan settlement in Boston. In this lesson, we will see many themes emerge from various quotations.
2. Dimmesdale Quotes from The Scarlet Letter: Examples & Analysis
This lesson is a collection of quotes from the Reverend Arthur Dimmesdale in Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel 'The Scarlet Letter'. Included is an analysis of Dimmesdale's character and his development throughout the novel.
3. The Scarlet Letter: Hester Prynne Quotes - Examples & Analysis
In this lesson, we will take a look at several of Hester Prynne's quotes from Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel 'The Scarlet Letter' and explore how those quotes reflect on the plot and Hester's character.
4. The Scarlet Letter: Chillingworth Quotes - Examples & Analysis
In 'The Scarlet Letter' by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Chillingworth reappears after a prolonged absence to find that his beautiful, young wife has had a child with another man. In this lesson, we'll learn more about how this news changes Chillingworth.
5. Pearl Quotes in The Scarlet Letter: Examples & Analysis
This lesson discusses the complexity of the character Pearl from Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel ''The Scarlet Letter.'' There is an obvious connection between Pearl and the letter 'A' in representing Hester's sin of adultery.
6. The Scarlet Letter Sin Quotes: Examples & Analysis
Sin is a major theme in Nathaniel Hawthorne's ''The Scarlet Letter,'' so it stands to reason that there would be many quotes on the subject found in the novel. This lesson provides a representative sample of these quotes and their roles in the story.
7. The Scarlet Letter Revenge Quotes: Examples & Analysis
Nathaniel Hawthorne describes his novel 'The Scarlet Letter' as ~'a tale of human frailty and sorrow.~' These frailties and sorrows are many. Among them is revenge. Through the character of Roger Chillingworth, we see its detrimental effects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.