About This Chapter
Radio & Recording in the Digital Age - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers a high-level overview of radio and recording in the digital age. Taught by experienced communications instructors, these lessons succinctly outline the history, development and evolution of the radio, recording and broadcasting industries. You can also expect to examine current radio and recording trends, mediums and influences. Be sure to take the accompanying sassessments to reinforce your understanding of the material. The chapter is available 24/7, which enables you to study whenever you have free time in your schedule. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Summarize the history and development of radio and the recording industry
- Explain how radio and the broadcasting industry evolved
- Describe mediums, influences and concepts in the radio and recording industry
- Discuss several emerging trends in radio and recoding
1. Evolution of Radio & the Broadcasting Industry
Since its origins over a century ago, the radio industry has changed in many ways. Learn about the structure of commercial radio today and the regulatory role played by the government.
2. Radio & Recording Industry: Concepts, Mediums & Influences
Learn about the relationship between radio and the recording industry. See how concepts, mediums, and influences have changed the way we listen to music.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Communications 106: Communication in the Digital Age course
- Introduction to Communication
- Mass Communication Theories & Models
- Mass Media & Communication
- Media Literacy Fundamentals
- Economics of Mass Media
- Digital Communication Tools
- Impact of Digital Communication
- Digital Media Regulation
- Print Media in the Digital Age
- Television & Movies in the Digital Age
- Video Games in the Digital Age