About This Chapter
Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Have your elementary school students review this chapter to study a variety of rain forest birds, such as toucans, macaws and quetzals. The chapter can be accessed at any time, and these lessons are designed specifically for younger students. Our expert instructors cover fun facts about these types of birds, and each lesson comes with a short quiz that you can use to assess your students' comprehension.
- Blue and yellow macaws
- Keel-billed toucans
- Toco toucans
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about rain forest birds will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the types of birds that live in rain forests.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about rain forest birds
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of rain forest birds
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about rain forest birds
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the rain forest bird topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about rain forest birds.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands rain forest bird facts by administering the Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Blue Macaw Facts: Lesson for Kids
You may have heard of a popular movie about a bright blue bird that was taken to Brazil and released into the wild. This lesson is about the Little Blue Macaw, the same bird from the movie. Read on to find out about these rare birds.
2. Blue & Yellow Macaw Facts: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever heard a bird talk? Blue and Yellow Macaws are very smart and can learn to repeat words that they hear. Read on to find out more about where these colorful birds live, what they eat, how they help the forest, and their family life.
3. Quetzal Facts: Lesson for Kids
The quetzal is a rare and beautiful bird found mainly in Central and South America. It is known for its vibrant colors and long tail feathers. There are six different species of these birds, each with their own characteristics.
4. Keel-billed Toucan Facts: Lesson for Kids
The keel-billed toucan is a colorful bird living mainly in the rainforests of Central and South America. It is recognized by its large bill and distinct coloring.
5. Toco Toucan Facts: Lesson for Kids
The toco toucan is the largest type of toucan and also one of the most recognized with its large, colorful bill. They live in the tropical forests of South America and thrive in the lush conditions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School