About This Chapter
Rainforest Animal Facts Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Enhance your classroom instruction on specific types of rainforest animals by with these helpful teaching resources. Use the provided lessons to help students learn facts about tigers and monkeys, and use suggested classroom discussion topics and fun group activities and games to fully engage your students. Use these tools to build new curriculum or as effective complements to your current lesson plans to ensure that your class learns and retains information about these animals.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives - Supports your own lesson plans to help you reach key objectives regarding this topic.
- Curriculum standards: Ensures your study of rainforest animals meets curriculum standards.
- Student engagement: Maintains the attention of your students and ensures classroom participation through group activities and games.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to making planning rainforest animals lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific rainforest animals topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your science class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related rainforest animals lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of rainforest animals from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant rainforest animals activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Monkey Lesson Plan
What is a monkey? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to students about this amazing animal before giving them a chance to create their own monkey puppets with a hands-on activity.
2. Monkey Facts: Lesson for Kids
What do monkeys look like? Where do they live? What do they eat? This lesson will answer all these questions and teach you lots of interesting facts about monkeys.
3. Tiger Lesson Plan
Tigers are beautiful and fascinating. Use these eye-catching creatures to teach your students about wildlife and diversity. In this lesson plan, find a short article about tigers to prepare students for a small-group activity that challenges them to compare different subspecies of tigers.
4. Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever been curious about tigers? Do you wonder where they live or what they eat? This lesson will answer all of these questions and teach you lots more facts about tigers!
5. Rainforest Animals Activities & Games
Learning about strange and exotic animals is one of the joys of school. This lesson provides teachers with classroom games and activities to teach students about rainforest animals.
6. Animals of the Rainforest Lesson Plan
What types of animals live in a rainforest? This lesson plan will make use of two text lessons to list and describe the animals who inhabit the rainforests. An activity helps to provide a deeper connection to the material.
7. Animals of the Rainforest: Birds & Insects
Imagine giant bird-eating spiders, and mind controlling wasps, and brightly colored birds dwelling in the forest canopy. If these images intrigue you, this lesson will tell you more. Here, we're going to learn about some of the most unique birds and insects in the tropical rainforest.
8. Animals of the Rainforest: Mammals & Reptiles
Have you ever wondered how large a snake can get? Curious about big cats in the jungle? This article will answer these questions and more. Here, we'll learn about some of the most interesting mammals and reptiles in the rainforest.
9. Tropical Rainforest Activities & Games
The tropical rainforest is not only a beautiful and exotic place, but it's also important to sustaining life on our planet. Use these activities and games to help student learn about the tropical rainforest and its impact on our world.
10. Anteater Lesson Plan for Elementary School
With this lesson plan, students will increase their knowledge of anteaters by focusing on key facts about anteaters and using the facts in a game. The students also will be able to simulate using a sticky 'tongue' to eat 'bugs.'
11. Jungle Animals Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn about animals of the jungle. They will follow this with a creative writing project that will build upon fact-based research to create a narrative of life in the jungle.
12. Tropical Rainforest Animal Adaptations Lesson Plan
This lesson plan can be used to help you teach your students how animals adapt to conditions in tropical rainforests and includes a video lesson, hands-on learning activities, and a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Animals & Habitats Lesson Plans course
- Farm Animals Lesson Plans & Activities
- Whales & Dolphins Lesson Plans
- Ocean Animals Lesson Plans
- Animals & Life Cycles Lesson Plans
- Arctic & Antarctic Animals Lesson Plans
- Forest Animals Lesson Plans
- Grasslands Animal Facts Lesson Plans
- Animal Movement Lesson Plans & Resources
- Zoos & Animal Care Lesson Plans
- Plant & Animal Dissection Lesson Plans