About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your rational functions and difference quotients homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your rational functions and difference quotients homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Solving equations and inequalities that involve rational functions
- Analyzing and graphing rational functions
- Finding expressions for rational functions
- Using the geometric interpretation of difference quotient
1. Solving Equations & Inequalities Involving Rational Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve both equations and inequalities that involve rational functions. Learn the steps involved in solving them as well as what to watch out for.
2. Graphing & Analyzing Rational Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to graph a rational function by analyzing its horizontal and vertical asymptotes. Learn to find how the graph behaves around the asymptotes.
3. Finding Slant Asymptotes of Rational Functions
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find the slant asymptote to certain types of rational functions. Learn what you need to look for and how polynomial long division comes into play.
4. Expressions of Rational Functions
In this video lesson, you will learn how to write a rational function given just the horizontal and vertical asymptotes. Learn how to write the asymptotes and where to write them in your function.
5. The Geometric Interpretation of Difference Quotient
After watching this video lesson, you will understand how the difference quotient looks from a geometric standpoint. You will also see how the difference quotient is applied to a function.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Working with Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions: Homework Help
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Homework Help
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Homework Help
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Sets in Algebra: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Continuity in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Limits in Precalculus: Homework Help