About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your reactions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your reactions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations
- Reactant atoms and molecules
- Phase changes
- pH in acidic, basic and neutral solutions
1. Chemical Reactions and Balancing Chemical Equations
In this lesson, you'll learn how to balance a chemical reaction equation using the conservation of matter law. You'll also learn how to write both word and formula equations, what the subscripts after a letter mean and what the numbers in front of compounds mean.
2. How Chemical Reactions Form New Products
After watching this video, you will be able to explain what a chemical reaction is and how the products can have completely different properties to the reactants. A short quiz will follow.
3. Phase Change: Evaporation, Condensation, Freezing, Melting, Sublimation & Deposition
Substances on Earth can exist in one of four phases, but mostly, they exist in one of three: solid, liquid or gas. Learn the six changes of phase: freezing, melting, condensation, vaporization, sublimation and deposition.
4. Acidic, Basic & Neutral Solutions: Determining pH
After watching this video, you will be able to explain the difference between acidic, basic, and neutral solutions and explain the concept of pH. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Physical Science: Homework Help Resource course