About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material for the SAT will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the SAT. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to respond to sentence completion problems
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning reading skills (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sentence completions
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra reading resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the sentence completions chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the sentence completions chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about sentence completions. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sentence completions unit of a standard SAT prep course. Topics covered include:
- Tips for handling sentence completion questions on the SAT
- Methods for responding to one-blank and two-blank sentence completion problems
- Tips on building a strong vocabulary
- Ways to use context to determine meaning of words
- Methods for constructing meaning with context clues, word structure and prior knowledge
1. Identifying & Correcting Clause Errors: Strategies & Examples
This lesson explores clause errors. We'll start with a refresher on what clauses even are and the different types of clauses. Then, we'll move on to different types of clause errors and how to correct them.
2. How to Use Context to Determine the Meaning of Words
With diligence and intrepid ingenuity, you can use context to ascertain the purport of a word. In other words, in this lesson, we'll find out how to use context to figure out what words mean.
3. Constructing Meaning with Context Clues, Prior Knowledge & Word Structure
In this lesson, you will learn how readers use prior knowledge, context clues and word structure to aid their understanding of what they read. Explore these strategies through examples from literature and everyday life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Help and Review course
- SAT - About the Test: Help and Review
- SAT Test Prep: General Info
- Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- Writing - Text & Argument Analysis: Help and Review
- Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Help and Review
- Writing - Standard English Grammar: Help and Review
- Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Help and Review
- Writing - The Essay Portion: Help and Review
- Writing - Planning & Writing An Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Parts of an Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Help and Review
- Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Help and Review
- Writing - How to Write an Argument: Help and Review
- Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Revising Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Help and Review
- Reading - Mastering Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Help and Review
- Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Math - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Help and Review
- Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Help and Review
- Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios: Help and Review
- Math - Data Analysis, Statistics & Probability: Help and Review
- SAT Vocabulary Practice