About This Chapter
Real Estate Appraisal Report Writing - Chapter Summary
Gain a richer understanding of real estate appraisal report writing, including problems that often occur during the process in these helpful lessons. You can also enhance your understanding of strategies that can help appraisers communicate with clarity. By the end of the chapter, you should feel confident enough to:
- Discuss key writing skills for real estate appraisers
- Explain how to avoid writing problems in real estate appraisal reports
- Recall how an appraiser reaches the value of a property
- Outline areas that require focused attention when reviewing an appraisal report
These engaging lessons on real estate appraisal report writing can help you easily understand the topics presented. Our online learning platform offers the flexibility of studying when it's most convenient for you. To confirm your comprehension of the materials covered, we provide a brief self-assessment quiz for each lesson. Printing the quiz as a worksheet is a great way to study offline.
1. Writing & Reasoning Skills for Real Estate Appraisers
Being able to write a clear and understandable appraisal is key in the real estate industry. It is important to be aware that most people who read the appraisal will have little to no knowledge of the industry. This lesson will go over the grammar, word usage, tone, and how to write for your audience.
2. Common Writing Problems in Appraisal Reports
Writing a clear and persuasive appraisal report is imperative in the real estate industry. This lesson will cover common mistakes in reports and how to avoid them.
3. How to Interpret an Appraisal Report
In this lesson, you will learn how to interpret a uniform residential appraisal report. You will see where an appraiser assigns a value to the home, the approaches that the appraiser used to reach that value, and the key areas to focus on when you review the report.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio General Appraiser Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Real Property & Property Ownership
- Real Estate Value
- Government Powers in Real Estate
- Surveying Property in Real Estate
- Building Components & Structures
- Liens & Encumbrances in Real Estate
- Rights to Use in Real Estate
- Land & Site Valuation
- Statistics, Valuation Models & Finance for Real Estate
- Common Real Estate Calculations
- Sales Comparison Approach in Real Estate
- Cost Approach in Real Estate
- Income Approach in Real Estate
- Reconciliation in Real Estate Appraisal
- USPAP Compliance