About This Chapter
Real Estate Business Procedures - Chapter Summary
Whether you're new to real estate business procedures or aim to fill small gaps in your existing knowledge, this chapter can help! By reviewing our entertaining lessons, you can deepen your comprehension of client privacy, unlicensed sales assistants and more. In no time, you will be ready to:
- Provide explanations of client privacy, confidentiality and security in real estate
- Outline the process of organizing a real estate business
- Detail various dos and don'ts for unlicensed sales assistants in real estate
This chapter offers a fantastic online study experience that makes preparing for your exam simple. In addition to learning from our lesson instructors, benefit from access to subject-matter experts who can clarify any lesson concepts you don't fully grasp. Mobile access to the lessons makes it easy to study using any smartphone or tablet. Before exam day, use our multiple-choice quizzes and practice exam to confirm your understanding of individual lessons and the entire chapter.
1. Client Privacy, Confidentiality & Security in Real Estate
Professionals involved in real estate transactions are often in possession of personal and confidential information of the participants to the transaction. In this lesson, you'll learn about laws concerning client privacy and security.
2. How to Organize a Real Estate Business
When a real estate agent sets up a business, he or she can choose from a variety of business structures for tax purposes. These legal structures include sole proprietorships, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
3. Dos & Don'ts for Unlicensed Sales Assistants in Real Estate
Unlicensed sales assistants can help agents run real estate businesses. However, sales assistants must adhere to strict legal guidelines while working. Let's explore some of the duties assistants should and shouldn't perform by law.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Study Guide course
- Introduction to Real Property
- Public & Private Land-Use Control
- Estate Ownership, Rights & Interest
- Deeds & Property Transfers
- Property Titles
- Property Value & Appraisal
- Introduction to Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Agencies & Agency Relationships
- Listing Agreements & Property Management
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection
- Risk Management in Real Estate
- Property Disclosures
- Introduction to Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Lender Requirements
- Federal Real Estate Financing Regulations
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Investments
- Indiana Real Estate Commission & Licensing
- Indiana Real Estate Law
- Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Study Guide Flashcards