About This Chapter
Recreation Organizations in Tourism Management - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll review recreation organizations as they apply to tourism management. Topics include theme parks, casinos and other gambling establishments. Our video lessons include a video tabs feature that allows you to skip ahead or go back to any point in a video lesson for easy navigation. Following each lesson, you'll find a short quiz to help you ensure you're staying on track. You're welcome to study these learning tools at your convenience, 24 hours a day, on your mobile device or computer. Once you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
- Outline the impact theme parks make on the tourism industry
- Discuss the U.S. history of casinos and gambling
- Detail modern casino operations and casinos
1. The Impact of Theme Parks in the Tourism Industry
People usually equate theme parks with fun. In this lesson, you'll learn how these theme parks provide much more than that, not only to visitors but also to the residents of the areas where they are located as well.
2. History of Gambling & Casinos in the U.S.
Gambling is a major pastime in the United States, and it's not without its own history. In this lesson, we'll explore the history of gambling and see how it has impacted America throughout the years.
3. Modern Casinos & Casino Operations
Modern day casinos are an amusement park of adult fun. Containing gambling, restaurants, and luxurious rooms, casinos have grown into a place for everyone to gamble.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 105: Introduction to the Tourism & Travel Industry course
- Overview of the Tourism Industry
- Consumer Behavior of Travelers
- World Tourism Organizations
- Tourism Policy & Planning
- Tourism Economics
- Lodging Classifications
- Lodging Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Transportation in Tourism Management
- Intermediaries in Tourism Management
- Global Issues Affecting Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality Trends
- Tourism & Travel Careers
- Studying for Hospitality 105