About This Chapter
Reducing Unconscious Bias & Microaggressions at Work - Chapter Summary
This professionally designed corporate training chapter outlines methods to reduce microaggressions and unconscious bias at work. Our lessons cover topics such as addressing your own unconscious bias and microaggressions and overcoming these issues in the workplace successfully. The flexibility of this resource allows you to work with one employee or organize an entire workshop or meeting to educate team members about these issues.
How It Helps
- Offers solutions: Information is provided on how to overcome unconscious bias and microaggression at work, along with specific processes and methods that can be utilized immediately.
- Promotes self-reflection: Employees who completely understand these concepts and are aware of bias and its ramifications come together to build stronger, more unified teams.
- Works for everyone: All of your employees, regardless of their work locations or hours, can access these lessons and quizzes, giving you the flexibility to offer training in whatever way you need to.
Once your team has finished this chapter, they should be prepared to:
- Understand strategies that reduce unconscious bias in the workplace
- Outline processes used to reduce microaggressions at work
- Reduce your own microaggressions and unconscious bias in the workplace
- Discuss the benefits of overcoming these biases
- Interpret a case study that outlines the affects of microaggressions on health
1. Reducing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace: Strategies & Processes
Though everyone has unconscious bias, it can be really destructive in the workplace. This lesson discusses some of the things you can do to reduce unconscious bias and its fallout in a workplace environment.
2. Reducing Microaggressions in the Workplace: Strategies & Processes
If you are interested in cultivating a safer workplace with strong morale, you will want to focus on minimizing microaggressions. This lesson discusses some of the strategies and processes that can help you succeed toward this goal.
3. Reducing Your Own Unconscious Bias & Microaggressions at Work
Every person has unconscious biases, and these can sometimes lead to engaging in microaggressions inadvertently. This lesson discusses ways to reduce our own biases and microaggressions at work.
4. Overcoming Unconscious Bias & Microaggressions in the Workplace: Summary & Benefits
If you are working toward reducing unconscious bias and microaggressions in your workplace, it can help to understand the overall benefits of your efforts. This lesson summarizes the importance of this work.
5. How Microaggressions Affect Health: Case Study
Understanding microaggressions includes knowing the many different ways they can impact our health and well-being. This lesson offers a case study to show the ways microaggressions can impact people's health.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Unconscious Bias & Microaggressions in the Workplace course