About This Chapter
Regional Divides & Connections - Chapter Summary
Follow along with these lessons to improve your understanding of the different regions of the world, the U.S., and Florida. These lessons will also discuss the factors that affect the movement of people and the economic development in these regions. After these lessons you should have a better understanding of:
- Characteristics of the different regions of the world
- Different regions of the U.S. and the their cultures
- Cultural regions of Florida
- Factors that affect the migrations of people between regions
- Impact of regional transportation and communication on economics
These video lessons are mobile device compatible, so that you can review them even when you don't have access to a computer. For an additional review of the material, read over the lesson transcripts and reinforce your retention of the information presented. If you come across a topic you don't understand, be sure to use the teacher tabs of the lessons to ask our instructors for assistance.
1. The World Map: Overview & Major Geographical Regions
The world is a big place, but how well do you know it? In this lesson, we're going to look at a basic overview of major world regions and see how they collectively create the world map.
2. What are the Regions of the United States?
What are the regions of the United States? This lesson discusses the different regional areas and their significance to American culture. A short quiz will follow to test your knowledge.
3. Cultural Regions of Florida
Florida is an interesting place, and home to more distinct cultural regions than nearly any other single state. In this lesson, we'll look at those regions and see what defines Florida culture.
4. The Push & Pull Factors of Human Migration
Why do people move out of their country? After watching this video, you will be able to explain what human migration is and give examples of push and pull factors that can be involved.
5. Regional Economic Development: Transportation & Communication Networks
Economic change often occurs on a regional scale. These changes can be heavily impacted by existing transportation and communication networks. In this lesson, we'll explore different networks and see how they influence economic development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 (060): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Test
- Understanding Emergent Literacy
- The Reading Process & Comprehension Strategies
- Representations of Information in the Classroom
- Literary Analysis & Genres
- Understanding & Teaching the Writing Process
- Literacy Instruction & Assessment
- Classroom Organization & Grouping
- Communication & Media Literacy
- Social Science Instruction & Comprehension
- Cultural Contributions & Technological Developments in History
- World Civilizations & Historical Timelines
- Age of Exploration, Settlement & Growth
- Florida & U.S. History
- History's Impact on World Institutions
- Fundamental Geography Concepts
- Fundamental Government & Civics Concepts
- Fundamental Economics Concepts
- Strategies for Science Instruction
- Tools & Resources for Science Instruction
- Understanding the Nature of Science
- Scientific Data Interpretation & Analysis
- Interdisciplinary Nature of Science
- Basics of Physical Science
- Basics of Earth Science
- Basics of Space Science
- Cells & Organ Systems
- Life Science Classification & Life Cycles
- Interactions Among Living Things
- Basics of Plant Biology
- Mathematics Instructional Practices
- Interpreting Numbers, Data & Expressions
- Properties of Equality & Operations
- Solving Arithmetic & Word Problems
- Number Theory Concepts
- Fractions, Ratios & Integers
- Measurement, Data & Statistics
- Geometric Concepts
- Studying for FTCE Elementary Education
- FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Flashcards