About This Chapter
Regional Geography of South Asia - Chapter Summary
This chapter explains the major climates of South Asia and where they are located within the region. You'll review the rivers, valleys, canyons, and other major landforms in the area. Population demographics for the region, including ethnic groups and religions, are also outlined. As you progress through the lessons, you'll learn about the economy of South Asia and how the area's natural resources impact people, products and capital. When you've finished this chapter, you should know how to:
- Identify the major climates of South Asia
- Describe the major landforms found in the region
- Detail the languages spoken in South Asia
- Outline the imports, exports and trade in the area
- Define the natural resources available in South Asia
If you have questions as you move through the lessons, you can contact our instructors for assistance. There are quizzes and video lessons available for you to review at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use the video tabs in the Timeline to jump directly to a specific section of a video lesson, or review the lesson transcripts for a text-based learning option.
1. Major Climates of South Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the major climates of South Asia, including what they are like and where they are located. A short quiz will follow.
2. Major Landforms of South Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the major landforms of South Asia, including mountains, valleys, canyons, rivers, deserts, plains and plateaus. A short quiz follows.
3. Demographics of South Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the demographics of South Asia in terms of population, ethnic groups, languages, and religions. A short quiz will follow.
4. Economies of South Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the economies of South Asia and how they differ from one another, including sectors, imports, exports, and trade. A short quiz will follow.
5. Impact of Resources on the Movement of Products, Capital & People in South Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the natural resources of the countries of South Asia and how they lead to the movement of products, capital, and people. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NDA Exam Preparation & Study Guide course
- About the NDA Exam
- Algebra Concepts
- Advanced Algebra Concepts
- Solving Matrices & Determinants
- Trigonometry Concepts
- Geometry & Linear Equations
- Analytic Geometry
- Functions, Limits & Continuity
- Derivative Rules
- Calculations & Applications of Derivatives
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations & Applications
- Scalars & Vectors in Algebra
- Visualizing Statistics
- Probability Concepts in Math
- Grammar and Usage
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- Measurements in Physics
- Motion in Physics
- Basics of Work, Power & Energy
- Understanding Heat Transfer
- Sound Waves
- Light, Mirrors & Lenses
- Electric Currents & Power
- Scientific Technology, Machines & Tools
- The Atom & Structure of Elements
- Chemical Properties of Elements & Substances
- Chemical Symbols, Formulas & Reactions
- Qualities of Living Organisms
- Health Science Basics
- Solar System & Eclipses
- Achievements of Famous Scientists
- Indian History
- Overview of Major World History Events
- World Government Types
- The Earth
- Earth's Oceans, Atmosphere & Climate
- Modern Day Events in India
- NDA Exam Preparation & Study Guide Flashcards